On Fantasy Grounds D&D Increases Dominance To 71%

If you thought Roll20's 52% was impressive, on Fantasy Grounds D&D is now 71% of games...

If you thought Roll20's 52% was impressive, on Fantasy Grounds D&D is now 71% of games. Pathfinder (both editions) comes to 13% in second place. These figures are for Q4, 2020.

Top20_Games_2020_Q4_pie.jpg

So here's what D&D (the bright green line) has done since the beginning of 2019. There's am obvious pandemic boost for VTTs, starting in February 2020.

Top10_Games_Trend.jpg

D&D is so big that it makes it impossible to actually see everybody else on the graph. So here it is without D&D so you can see how everybody else is doing. The top purple line is Pathfinder 1E, and the blue one below it is Pathfinder 2E. Then comes Savage Worlds in orange, followed by Starfinder and Call of Cthulhu.

Popular_Games_excluding_DND.jpg

meverz

Explorer
I wish I was enough English fluent to play on virtual tables...
If you can post in English, I would say you are plenty fluent in English. In my group is a Belgian couple who share a computer, one of whom is mute, and so needs to type all her description / actions / comments / dialogue. And we barely notice a slow down at all. Don't let a fear of mangling the language or speaking a bit slower put you off playing online, just jump in an give it a go and a good group will be able to work through any challenges on the way.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I think it probably is a pandemic thing. The graphs I've seen have the second wave around July, so that would explain it. D&D is pretty socially distanced, at least over the internet, so it's a pretty good activity.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Pathfinder is dropping as many are turning to Foundry and other VTTs. Foundry has amazing support for Pathfinder.
I keep hearing this, but without Foundry data, we don't really know if people are going over to Foundry in the same numbers they're dropping from other platforms.

[Edit - I just emailed them asking if they plan to issue a report similar to the Roll20 and FG reports]

Last edited:

Green Onceler

Explorer
Pretty pleased to see Rolemaster doing as well as it is. I often think of running a one shot using RM2, but the idea of making up all the pre gens for my players always puts me off.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads