On Fantasy Grounds D&D Increases Dominance To 71%

If you thought Roll20's 52% was impressive, on Fantasy Grounds D&D is now 71% of games. Pathfinder (both editions) comes to 13% in second place. These figures are for Q4, 2020.

Top20_Games_2020_Q4_pie.jpg

So here's what D&D (the bright green line) has done since the beginning of 2019. There's am obvious pandemic boost for VTTs, starting in February 2020.

Top10_Games_Trend.jpg

D&D is so big that it makes it impossible to actually see everybody else on the graph. So here it is without D&D so you can see how everybody else is doing. The top purple line is Pathfinder 1E, and the blue one below it is Pathfinder 2E. Then comes Savage Worlds in orange, followed by Starfinder and Call of Cthulhu.

Popular_Games_excluding_DND.jpg

Last edited:

G

Guest 7025638

I wish there were better resources for matching players and DMs online. Roll20 is the most useful by far in my experience. There is a Facebook group where people post one-shots, but I stopped using Facebook, and don't recall the name/link. But I never actually joined or started a game through that group.

But, one positive thing about COVID is that all the Gaming conventions have had to go online. I expect that even when conventions are in-person events again that they will continue to support online-VTT events. I would suggest that you look at all the VTT-games offered by conventions. Conventions, whether in-person, or on-line, remain the best venue for trying out new and less-popular games.
Thank you, I'll do that as I think I have no better option. I wish that too, as Roll20 didn't prove as nearly as useful for me as it did for others. :( I would give a lot for a few Champions games..

Thank you, I'll do that as I think I have no better option. I wish that too, as Roll20 didn't prove as nearly as useful for me as it did for others. :( I would give a lot for a few Champions games..
There has been a super long time effort to do a Champions ruleset for FG, but never seems to arrive.

Mercador

Adventurer
I have a guy in my Monday game from Quebec (I originally am from Montréal) and he is quite French. He runs his own game.

There certainly are French language games out there. My game is full, but I am bilingual and have played D&D in French before.
Any ideas where I should watch for this? It's not like there's a French Canadian ENWorld.

For French games on Fantasy Grounds, you can find on their forums. Send me your email in a private message and I will pass onto Guillaume. Not 100% sure how full his game is. I think he runs it in English but everyone who plays in that game would be bilingual (all Quebecois like me I think).

G

Guest 7025638

There has been a super long time effort to do a Champions ruleset for FG, but never seems to arrive.
It's sort of irrelevant for me as I don't have FG in any capacity, and most likely won't have due to its pricing and no people to play with anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's sort of irrelevant for me as I don't have FG in any capacity, and most likely won't have due to its pricing and no people to play with anywhere.
Owlbear.rodeo is free. Map and tokens and can roll dice. Get a voice program, make a few tokens and you can run Champions just fine.

Otherwise you are posting in a FG thread so I gave you advice for that program.

G

Guest 7025638

Owlbear.rodeo is free. Map and tokens and can roll dice. Get a voice program, make a few tokens and you can run Champions just fine.

Otherwise you are posting in a FG thread so I gave you advice for that program.
You misunderstand me, I'm afraid. It's not about the VTT to use, I don't have people to play with (most systems I'd like to try) - I'm not willing to run anything, I'm interested only as a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

dm4hire

Explorer
EDIT: I just realized you were not the person I originally responded too! Sorry, still can you clarify your comment. It doesn't make sense to me.
No worries. I probably could have written it better. My comment was meant to convey that from what I am seeing in PF2 groups there is a large number of players saying they are switching to Foundry. However, as pointed out there seems to be a larger influx into Fantasy Grounds to not only counter that, but still give a gain in numbers. Therefore my observation then would indicate that without Foundry that gain would be higher.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases