D&D 5E On the Necessity for More Bard Threads

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
You probably don't want to get involved with John Denver and trees given his unhappy history.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I love the bard, partly because it has been always been sort of an experiment since the beginning.

Aha!

Some experiments are doomed to fail ...

(Pictured- not the Bard experiment, but a Bard conducting an experiment ... I will leave it up to you to comprehended my part in this ....)

CJ5k.gif

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
As I hinted at in my wizard thread, Bards don't make sense and are a waste of intellectual capacity. Why on earth are jack of all trades and dabblers full casters in 5e? Where does their magic come from? It doesn't fit.

Snarf Zagyg

Telling stories?
Entertaining the masses?
Tons of knowledge?

Snarf, I've got some news for you. You'd better sit down...

You know .... back in the Old West, implying someone was a Bard was considered such a vile insult that you could legally be hanged.

As put forth by Judge Mills "I'll Allow It" Lane when he let 5 stone-cold killers free while sentencing the person who implied that they were Bards to death, "I've met people that needed killin', but never met a person whose blood wasn't angered to boilin' by bein' called a despicable Bard."

Bolares

Hero
The bard in critical role campaign 3 is pretty cool. Robbie steers far away from the typical bard tropes, and the character is being pretty well received.

Vaalingrade

Legend
You know .... back in the Old West, implying someone was a Bard was considered such a vile insult that you could legally be hanged.

As put forth by Judge Mills "I'll Allow It" Lane when he let 5 stone-cold killers free while sentencing the person who implied that they were Bards to death, "I've met people that needed killin', but never met a person whose blood wasn't angered to boilin' by bein' called a despicable Bard."
Us your Expertise fo the Knowledge check, did you? ;)

Snarf Zagyg

Rather than ending bard threads, I'd prefer Snarf just move on to a different schtick. The anti-bard "humor" has not gotten better with age. ;)

So, you think it's a shtick, do you? You look at my anti-Bard rhetoric, and you think it's just some kind of obfuscation? That I am layered? That underneath this hatred of Bards lies something totally different than what's on the surface? That I am concealing a jovial tolerance of Bards underneath this harsh exterior?

Well, have you considered that there's a third, even deeper level, and that is the same as the one on the top? Like with pie.

My hatred contains multitudes. I am legion. Snarf ... think of me as the display case at your local diner. Full of pie. Legions of pie.

Remove ads