• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) One D&D Expert Classes Playtest Document Is Live

The One D&D Expert Class playest document is now available to download. You can access it by signing into your D&D Beyond account at the link below. It contains three classes -- bard, rogue, and ranger, along with three associated subclasses (College of Lore, Thief, and Hunter), plus a number of feats. https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/one-dnd

55F9D570-197E-46FC-A63F-9A10796DB17D.jpeg

The One D&D Expert Class playest document is now available to download. You can access it by signing into your D&D Beyond account at the link below. It contains three classes -- bard, rogue, and ranger, along with three associated subclasses (College of Lore, Thief, and Hunter), plus a number of feats.

Sacrosanct

Legend
My current game almost had a TPK when the party tried to ford a mountain river and didn't have enough resources to build a large enough raft for everyone to ride out of the water. A couple of failed saves created issues where some characters couldn't hold on and the remaining characters had to figure out a way to save them without succumbing to the cold as well. It was a great encounter that they still talk about.
Yep. If the exploration pillar is to be important, then you have to have rules that help support why it's important. Otherwise you end up with a game where you just go from one encounter to the next ala arena style play, just ignoring or skipping the other pillars.

darjr

I crit!
He was calling people who questioned were phantoms. By stating that if "someone has a problem might be a phantom in terms of general use," are you stating that if a person goes against what is considered the norm is nonexistent (phantom)? There are many ways to get a point across but one must be cautious about how they word it. The state of the person you are responding to
No he wasn’t. I think you’ve misread what he typed.

LOL you're right and Jump is kind of hilariously brutal now. It is not only an Action (which seems messed up), but you have to make a DC 10 check, and if you fail, you only jump 5', which means a lot of potential for people to plunge to their deaths that was not previously present! Especially as 1 is always a fail now (unless that changed again).
omg I missed it was an ACTION

Yep. If the exploration pillar is to be important, then you have to have rules that help support why it's important. Otherwise you end up with a game where you just go from one encounter to the next ala arena style play, just ignoring or skipping the other pillars.
exactly. I know some tables hand wave exploration, but honestly some of my best gaming memories are exploration challenges/encounters

darjr

I crit!
Yea, the old exhaustion rules can mess up a party, even a high level party I f the whole party keeps getting exhaustion.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads