D&D (2024) One D&D Playtest Expert Classes survey is up! Update! Now due Nov 23rd.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I appreciate the extended deadline. Now those who were saying "there isn't enough time to playtest these!" really should note that they've given well well well over a month for it…

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Delayed, again. At this rate, "2024" D&D will be lucky to be an end of year release.

But I guess its still early days, we don't want to extrapolate too much.
Unlikely to have any impact on final release date.

Hasbro certainly has a mandate for WotC to release the 5e revised core rules in 2024 for the 50th anniversary.

This just gives people more time to playtest options and then respond. I waited to respond today for that very reason and will wait longer now because I want to test some more things out.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I know releasing new playtesting material while the survey from the previous one isnt closed is a bad idea, but I still wish they'd release something (could be minor, like equipment stuff or a few spells) in the meantime.

My interest span is so short. ENTERTAIN ME, WOTC!

Last edited:

OB1

Jedi Master
I'm wondering if they're buying time to make changes to the next playtest based off some unexpected results from this one. While the first packet introduced mostly minor changes to the way you create characters that was overall highly compatible with the original 5e rules, the Expert packet really upped the level of change. I could imagine that they are getting a high level of mixed feedback on those changes causing overall satisfaction to be much lower than anticipated.

darjr

I crit!
The delay is due to pretty mundane things.

New boss, new corporate structure, new building, an ambitious schedule they’ve barely ramped to, DnDBeyond integration corporate and personal wise.

A big internal review. And implementing that review. Plus I bet they wanted to see how the first document under that new process faires, the Spelljammer errata.

Amrûnril

Adventurer
The delay is due to pretty mundane things.

New boss, new corporate structure, new building, an ambitious schedule they’ve barely ramped to, DnDBeyond integration corporate and personal wise.

A big internal review. And implementing that review. Plus I bet they wanted to see how the first document under that new process faires, the Spelljammer errata.

I hope so, but it is obnoxious to have both of the first two deadlines pushed back. As it begins to look like a pattern, people will start wondering whether to take the next playtest's initial deadline seriously. And making the announcement at the very last minute is a real disappointment for people looking forward to the next playtest.

Remove ads