• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One piece of advice...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Jeysie said:
Light-hearted: You're only too old/cool for something if you think you're too old/cool for it. You could spend your time being mature/cool but not doing things you might otherwise enjoy, or you could say, "You know what, this childish/dorky/nerdy thing is really fun, and anyone who snubs their nose at having fun because it's 'not cool' has too much starch in their shorts."

Peace & Luv, Liz
Reminds me of a quote a friend of mine has in her e-mail signature:

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Goldmoon said:
I dont have a problem with your answer at all. I was just saying that any discussion of Religion in a thread at all tends to get that thread locked.
Actually it won't usually lock a thread, although it might get edited. What locks a thread is when it continues to cause problems in a thread because people won't leave it alone. If people just ignore the comment, perhaps reporting it and requesting editing if it really bothers them, the thread will continue on.

Goldmoon

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Actually it won't usually lock a thread, although it might get edited. What locks a thread is when it continues to cause problems in a thread because people won't leave it alone. If people just ignore the comment, perhaps reporting it and requesting editing if it really bothers them, the thread will continue on.

My apologies then. I wasnt trying to cause an uproar.

RichCsigs

First Post
1) Always excel at what you do, even if you hate what you are doing.

2) It is better to ask a question and look stupid than to not ask and be stupid.

and my movie quote one:
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one"

Lockridge

First Post
This advice seems to be present in most religions in some form or another. The Christian version is:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Religious or not, if everyone lived by this little rule the world would be a much better place.

Atavar

First Post
Three more I read recently that I liked:

"Often the search proves more profitable than the goal." - E. L. Konigsburg

"The real trick is to stay alive as long as you live." - Ann Landers

"If we could read the secret history of our own enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I know the OP asked for one piece of advice, but...this is too fun for me.... :)

Take care

Atavar

Hijinks

First Post
What a person looks like has no bearing on what kind of person they are.

If you are ever in a place where you don't think you can make it another day, sleep on it. When you wake up in the morning, you will realize that you can make it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads