• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One piece of advice...

bodhi

First Post
RichCsigs said:
2) It is better to ask a question and look stupid than to not ask and be stupid.
Heh. I've always liked the reverse of this: It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nyaricus

First Post
Fantastic thread idea! I save up interesting quotes (many of which end up being advice) so here goes:

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"
>Me

"Everything in moderation - except for knowledge"
>Aristotle

"In relationships, woman want to feel special and men want to feel like they're enough."
>Loagan Stroud (a friend of mine; paraphrased from a conversation of ours)

"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone; you are the one who gets burned."
>Buddha

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
>Wayne Gretzky

cheers,
--N

P.S. Aaaand, slightly off-topic (because it has little to do with advice, per se) but:

"For the coward, there is no life. For the hero, there is no death"
>Unknown

kyloss

First Post
Or "A Coward dies a thousand deaths a hero only one. "
And just remember from murphies laws of combat "your weapon was made by the lowest bidder" along with most every thing else.

kenobi65

First Post
Wear sunscreen. No, wait, that's Mary Schmich's advice.

Never burn a bridge. You never know when you're going to encounter that person again, and you'll be far better off not re-encountering a person who's holding a grudge.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Let's see if I can translate this well enough:

"Everything is possible, thus it is even possible that some things are impossible"

And another:

"The meaning of life is to search for the meaning of life."

And last, my favourite:

"Life is an orange"
(as in the fruit, not colour.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads