D&D 5E One-Stop Stat Blocks for D&D 5th Edition

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Thanks, Frylock! You addressed my single largest gripe with 5e design. Seriously, monsters not having entirely self-contained stat blocks is just asinine. Now I just need a complete Tome of Battle conversion to 5e and my second biggest gripe will be addressed. :)

Frylock

Explorer
A big thank you Frylock

These stat blocks are exactly what I needed.
I've been DMing 5e since it came out and my only big annoyance about the system is that I have to look up spells for the monsters. 4e spoiled me I suppose.

Is there a reason you didnt include the spell casting variant of the vampire? I see you added the mind flayer variant.
I only ask as theses are the two big bads in my campaign.

Yes. As with the hag, I didn't read the ecology section. In other words, my bad. Maybe tomorrow night.

Frylock

Explorer
Thanks, Frylock! You addressed my single largest gripe with 5e design. Seriously, monsters not having entirely self-contained stat blocks is just asinine. Now I just need a complete Tome of Battle conversion to 5e and my second biggest gripe will be addressed. :)

The encounter design rules don't work. That's annoying. However, I remain a fan of the system.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Thank you Frylock! This will be a great help.

I recently ran a session where I missed out on some monster stats due to flipping back and forth (Pack Tactics got left out and would have made the encounter more difficult and memorable). I had already resolved to do something about it and this is a huge head start!

Remove ads