D&D 5E One-Stop Stat Blocks for D&D 5th Edition

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
It's great to see this coming to life again! I'm very much looking forward to the Volo's document as well. While I can certainly see the value of the modifications you made in some cases, there are sure to be people who will want to run things by the book.

Frylock

Explorer
It's great to see this coming to life again! I'm very much looking forward to the Volo's document as well. While I can certainly see the value of the modifications you made in some cases, there are sure to be people who will want to run things by the book.

Thanks for the kind words.

It's perfectly reasonable that people will want to run them as written, especially in light of AL rules that require it.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Wow Frylock - this is a lot of work. Very impressive and thank you very much. The fact that you'd make two versions of this ('pure' vs. 'unclean' - lol) is very generous of you. Thanks for all of this. I kind of like the power ups myself!!

dave2008

Legend
Thanks for the kind words.

It's perfectly reasonable that people will want to run them as written, especially in light of AL rules that require it.

FYI, some of your originals are OP per the DMG. I've only checked the pit fiend, but your version came out to CR 21 per the DMG (19 defense and 23 offense). Of course the Monster Manual Pit Fiend is spot on at CR 19 per the DMG. Now, that being said, i prefer a tougher Pit Fiend myself. It just might be a good idea to increase the CR of your version to reflect were it is in terms of the guidelines in the DMG.

Frylock

Explorer
The fact that you'd make two versions of this ('pure' vs. 'unclean' - lol) is very generous of you.

The more work I do, the easier it is to do future work. I was surprised how much work I had to do for Tales, but there were so few stat blocks, it was a weekend's work. That's all. Creating the pure version was simple, though I wouldn't be surprised if I made a copy-and-paste error. :)

Frylock

Explorer
FYI, some of your originals are OP per the DMG.

This is why, going forward, I'm not making changes. I don't know the NPC creation system well enough to make those calls. Still, I bet you need that heavy-hitter Pit Fiend to challenge high-level characters.

Remove ads