D&D General One thing I hate about the Sorcerer

Chaosmancer

Legend
Warlocks spam EB and Hex as is.

Uh huh, and the most common complaint about Warlocks and Eldritch Blast is... that generally their best option in combat is just to keep using Eldritch Blast. Designing a class that even lacks the options Warlocks have? It would be dreadful to play.

Mage Hand Press has a version that one of my players used that was fun which allows subclasses of
  • Caster
  • Leader
  • Tank
  • JOAT
  • Sneak
but I'd do it differently
  • Third caster
  • Ritualist
  • Cantrip points to boost cantrips
  • Heavy Cantrip blaster
  • Wand user

None of that means anything to me.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Uh huh, and the most common complaint about Warlocks and Eldritch Blast is... that generally their best option in combat is just to keep using Eldritch Blast. Designing a class that even lacks the options Warlocks have? It would be dreadful to play.

None of that means anything to me.
The idea is that you'd have

1. Boosted Firebolt
  2. Boosted Ray of Frost
  3. Boosted Gust
  4. Boosted True Strike
  5. Boosted Acid Splash
  6. Boosted Dancing Lights
to choose from every turn

Then you'd choose a subclass that
  1. Gives you traditional spell slots
  2. Gives you a ritual book and out of combat power
  3. Gives you more boosted Cantrips
  4. Gives you heavier armor and adds AOE to Cantrips
  5. Gives you a wand that offers more magical options

It's funny how much this applies to most people's ideas in this thread.
Well, where it is easy to do, I have implemented mine. Sorcerer and warlock indeed are combined in my D&D campaign. Granted, I was lazy about it and didn't actually convert all the sorcerer subclasses, as I'm doing my houserules more on need basis. Dragon pact gets written if someone wants to play one.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
It's funny how much this applies to most people's ideas in this thread.
Well there is a few gulfs between creating content for your needs, for someone else's need, and for profit.

This is why many DMs have notebooks and notepads of game ideas but rarely share full classes or game rules.

Fundamentally this thread is caused by another person's issue. There is little drive for me to fix or create for it for free if I don't have that issue.

Last edited:

Remove ads