• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One thing that bothers me lately about 4E players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storminator

First Post
On behalf of all 4e players, I apologize for inventing whining and overreacting. I further apologize for introducing these ideas to the internet.

PS

It's not a 4E thing, or even a 3E thing. It's just a people thing.

I would like it if people started deliberatly making underpowered characters, then try them out in real games.

If they still function and they still have fun then we can relax and just play the game.

Optimization was always best when it was about making your character more special in a character way rather than a min max way.

I never did like top trumps.

maddman75

First Post
Might I direct you to this site, circa 2004-2007

The Bard is useless.
The Monk is broken!
The Monk is Useless!
Half-orcs got the shaft!
Rangers are weak!
Fighter's get hosed.
The Mystic Theurge is too good!
The Mystic Theurge is too weak!
Fighters are too weak.
etc...

Its the nature of the internets I guess; everyone things their pet class(es) aren't good enough.

Ah, that takes me back. I ever get into a 3x game again I'm going to make a half-orc ranger named Shafter.

So who's the new ranger? The paladin? Wizard? :)

I would agree with the OP that if your character seems weak and useless, it might not be the game that needs fixing.

Barcode

First Post
Hey guys, why don't we assume for a second that he's not flaming?

What Black Knight is saying is true. People kvetch about mechanics when they ought to ask for help instead.

People don't do that for 3.5 because the rules have been discussed to death already and little new material is being published. 4E's idiom is not as well understood, so there's more to talk about, mechanics-wise.

Calm down. Stop jumping down the poor guy's throat.

Read the title of the post. "One thing that bothers me lately about 4E players". I'll stop being offended when he stops attacking me in the title of his post.

Vayden

First Post
You know what I hate about 4e players? When they whine about being caught in my Warlord multi-class Wizard's area attacks. Look, I'm a Warlord - I can't spare the feats for War Wizard. And besides, there was a monster right next to you!

Jasperak

Adventurer
Read the title of the post. "One thing that bothers me lately about 4E players". I'll stop being offended when he stops attacking me in the title of his post.

And he goes on in his first paragraph about what specifically bothers him. If you are one of those players that he talks about you may be able to play the injured party. If you never made a post like he talks about then you cannot say that he attacked you.

Maybe Morrus needs to set it up so we can have paragraph long thread titles so one doesn't have to bother actually reading a thread before one can rightly get pissed off.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Edition war style title? Just asking for a locked thread.

However, it could be a good topic, so please feel free to start the thread again in a less confrontational way.

Thanks

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads