• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Games: Why Recording of online games is great

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Id like to prefix what Im about to say first.

Im almost exclusively an AL DM. I get to play maybe once every couple of Months and run Wed Encounters, and Expeditions almost every Saturday at 2 different locations.

Im also sadly unable to play online games. Whilst there are games that fit my timezone, my home internet connection is seriously not great to get in on these games. Thinks stutter and skip and well ... Its not worth the effect it would have on the others.

This thread isnt about that though.

If you need some advice on games that are current and older ones, I actually recommend simply watching one of these games (either view Twitch tv or Youtube). You can get roleplaying tips, how to run certain combats, how to react when a player does something off the books and combat placement on a flipmat.

You also get to be entertained by people trying on some dodgy accents or failing big time when interact with npcs :)

My example is the Occupation of Szith Morcane. Im running this in a few weeks time and wanted to see it run. So my only recourse was an online game. It was great to watch and I got some valuable information.

One final thing. If you are a fan of drinking games, I made up a cool game for a particular dm who loves to say 'Y'all' (one of those funky Americanisms). Every time you hear him saying, you take a shot.

Last edited:

Remove ads