• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only the Lonely: Why We Demand Official Product

Hussar

Legend
Wow, @Hussar, you may be the least-punished, yet most rude person I've ever seen on these forums. You are consistently nasty to other members, but, unlike the Cap'n, you are never punished, instead receiving praise in the form of likes and positive reactions. Do you actually think that it's acceptable to tell others that they have a "0 for 2 in this thread on interpreting the English language"?

Just calling it like I see it.

Considering I've made the frustrating mistake a few times of actually trying to wade through the morass of selective understanding and outright mind boggling reimagining of the English language when it comes to interpreting what is actually being said, I'll stand by it.

I'd point out that while my response might be a bit more errr... pointed, there are two or three others who have basically said exactly the same thing - that @Maxperson's interpretations have been ... creative to say the least.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Just calling it like I see it.

Considering I've made the frustrating mistake a few times of actually trying to wade through the morass of selective understanding and outright mind boggling reimagining of the English language when it comes to interpreting what is actually being said, I'll stand by it.

I'd point out that while my response might be a bit more errr... pointed, there are two or three others who have basically said exactly the same thing - that @Maxperson's interpretations have been ... creative to say the least.
Alright, I can understand this, at least.

I think the most clear example of D&D officially using the multiverse but keeping FR the default example is the Weave sidebar in the spellcasting section -

There's also this on page 33 of the Player's Handbook

UNCOMMON RACES

The dragonborn and the rest of the races in this chapter are uncommon. They don’t exist in every world of D&D, and even where they are found, they are less widespread than dwarves, elves, halflings, and humans.

In the cosmopolitan cities of the D&D multiverse, most people hardly look twice at members of even the most exotic races. But the small towns and villages that dot the countryside are different. The common folk aren’t accustomed to seeing members of these races, and they react accordingly.

Remove ads