Only the Lonely: Why We Demand Official Product

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
My Dwarves have always been inter-dimensional, psionic vessels for the servants of a demonic elder god. Huh, don't know what kind of weird stuff you guys are doing with accents, though.

Oofta

Legend
The real question is: are the accents based on the FR version or the Greyhawk of the race? Which one is the official accent?

Oh, and gnomes sound like the Chipmunks. So adorable when they sing Christmas Don't Be Late with their adoptive "father" @lowkey13.

Arilyn

Hero
I've been thinking about a campaign where humans have vanished, leaving behind their crumbling cities. Infrastructure has collapsed without humanity. Some are glad, as the forests have returned to their old glory
Others feel that the world has plunged into a dark age without the human drive and sheer numbers pushing things forward. The non-human races have pretty much retreated into their own communities. Adventurers, being an exception, are travelling into dangerous locales, looting the abandoned cities for wealth or knowledge, while others might seek to discover what caused the loss of humanity. Are there still pockets of humans left somewhere in the world? Can they be returned?

Half-elves and half-orcs would still pop up in orc and elf populations, being either reverered, hated or even sought after in hopes they might hold the key to humanity's fate and possible return.

I think it might be interesting to run a world where humans have gone extinct, and think about how the other races would react. I kind of had this image of hobgoblins starting to fill in the niche humans left open. They'd be very organized, highly militaristic, not pleasant, to live under, but they'd keep the monsters at bay and as long as you paid the expected dues, things might be okay. Anyway, hobgoblin numbers are growing, spreading, building, which could be a good reason to want humans back, especially if some folk are looking back at humans in a golden light.

3catcircus

Adventurer
It’d at least be less cliche. None of those races are so strongly connected to an archetype that there’s a default expectation on how they behave.

Do elves and dwarves really seem all that different than humans to anyone anymore? Are they so different from people? The newer races at least seem to offer a little more on that front. They seem genuinely more different than humans.

I mean, for the amount of difference that comes up in play, we should just rename elves and dwarves Dexlings and Conlings.

Oh, he’s gruff and he has a Scottish accent! What fun!!
This. Time to bring back class and level restrictions. Better yet, go the BD&D route and makes dwarves, elves and halflings a class...

Remove ads