• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only three old Classes in PHB2?

hong

WotC's bitch
I thought they said that the bard was already pretty much done, and just waiting for a slot in the publication schedule.

PrinceXaxor

First Post
Wait, wait. What about Psionics? It's one thing if they rename the classes, but I don't want it to turn out that Psionics is stuck with a separate book, and still a ginger stepchild. Please, no.

Last edited:

Kesh

First Post
PrinceXaxor said:
Wait, wait. What about Psionics? It's one thing if they rename the classes, but I don't want it to turn out that Psionics is stuck with a separate book, and still a red-headed stepchild. Please, no.
"T" could be for "Telepath." It has been said that the psychic power source will focus more on mental effects than blasty/utilitarian ones.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
PrinceXaxor said:
Wait, wait. What about Psionics? It's one thing if they rename the classes, but I don't want it to turn out that Psionics is stuck with a separate book, and still a red-headed stepchild. Please, no.
Please, "red-headed stepchild" is used for references to beating someone or something. "Stepchild" might be appropriate, but leave out the "red-headed".

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well... Apparently one class will be coming out on DDI exclusively, but prior to the paid-subscription and we know the Bard is done, so perhaps that is it?

We also know the first letters of the PHB2 races from previous video: D, G, G, H & S.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
PHBII and its assorted are for new classes, not old ones. And new races. They said that like, back when they announced there would be multiple PHBs.

I'm betting that the D race is Doppelganger. While Changelings and Shifters were first in Eberron, I'm thinking they're going to try and sell them as universal races, as they have a broader appeal than Eberron's high magitechness of the Warforged.

I believe in one of the designer blogs or perhaps a preview, the Shaman was mentioned in passing when discussing leaders, so dollars to donuts we'll see Shaman in the PHBII (along with Barb, Sorcerer and Druid).

The W class is intriguing. It might be the Wilder, but that sounds too close to the Sorcerer's schtick (Wild, untamed magic).

Alikar

First Post
Shawn_Kehoe said:
I assumed that PHB II would be coming out around the same time next year ... but if so, this is starting the hype verrrry early.

I wonder about that. After all if they'll release early next year that would make my life much easier.

Remove ads