• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

evileeyore

Mrrrph
perivas said:
I've been assuming Kith to be a jerk. Being ordered around is no fun for most people; but my favorite part about it is that evileeyore keeps spelling people's names wrong. To me, it reminds me of the a**hol* boss that can't ever get your name right, but keeps telling you sh*t you don't want to hear.

It's great. Don't change a thing, evileeyore. I don't take any of this stuff seriously and just love that special touch in misspelling names.

I've been trying to spell the names properly... the problem lies in I ussually don't end up posting till waaayyyy late at night, and then I have a tendency to mix letters or add extras... Like spelling Keith as Kieth or Arana as Arranna... which at a quick glance looks right to me (and the spellchecker has both versions in it so it doesn't catch it-I actually type out my posts in MS Word then cut/paste to the board).

As for it being on purpose it isn't, but I'll keep it.

I see it less of him being an @ss and more as Kith is too f:):):)ing lazy to remember someones name until either 1) they do something stupendous and make him notice them, 2) they have an odd name (one I the player will remember), 3) they hammer it into my/Kith's skull, 4) I fix the spellchecker to have only one version of the name, or 5) a miracle occurs... (everyhing has 5 choices...)

And don't expect Kith to belt out orders too often, he really dislikes authority (especially his own). But in combat/stressful situations the kneejerk response will be to move people where he thinks they need to be.

On to other topics.

I don't know Tokiwong. I see something very wrong in that noone outside of the Library noticed, including Victor (I saw that as Victor just happened to be trying to get into the Library simultaneously as the fight broke out).

We might not be able to find any real Admins, it being between sessions. I think we just ended a session which would give us like 2 weeks before any classes would start (I think, I could be wrong and we might be just starting the winter session).

That would mean it would be up to us to "grill" Yodwin, and pursue this quest on our own.

However Kith will try to hunt the Headmaster down, failing that he'll try to get anyone on staff (we know Serbanas is around here somewhere).

Zhure- My suggestion for Jeremy (Rallyn) is give him a few minutes "in game" to catch up, like maybe he made it to the Guards and got Serbanas, and has been reporting in (that is if when Jeremy comes back, he wants that). It would be an exellent excuse explaining extranous excursions excludling explosive extemporaneous existential exsanguinous expulsion.

(sorry the first 5 ex's slide in and I couldn't stop. I feel dirty though I had to look in the Dictionary for the last one, I knew it exhisted but couldn't quite remember it-but yet remembered exsanguinous... D'oh)

Editted to add: Wow i am like p-sikick or somefin. As I was writting this post, Jeremy apparently was posting in character...

Anyway you can keep dissin Kith, I've yet to even begin...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Sorry, got lost in all the mental/verbal exchanges and didn't have anything pertinent to add for a while.

Posted in the IC thread in trying to keep with continuity.

/me the poor little gnome got run over. ;)

Tokiwong

First Post
I like the inerplay so far... it makes for interesting group dynamics... where some characters are reserved others are much more flamboyant... we cover a good spectrum.. plenty of foils...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Jeremy said:
Sorry, got lost in all the mental/verbal exchanges and didn't have anything pertinent to add for a while.

Posted in the IC thread in trying to keep with continuity.

/me the poor little gnome got run over. ;)

I feel that way too. its like the quest is being taken over by Aaron Spelling (90210, Party of Five, Kindred: The Embrace...).

Thats why I get even with 4 page catch up posts (well 4 pages in MSWord...) ...but even then I feel inadiquate in the stark reality of the multipage love affair springing up in our midst... heh

Anyway glad to see your back in... The "party" should in theory be rejoining the Library shortly... Mayhaps you could stumble across Maerath and Arana in th ecourtyard...

Then we'd be 2 groups instead of 3... I don't see the 5 of us going for equipment being too long...

Tokiwong

First Post
do'oh is all I can say... Keith can't control himself.. besides today I had to stay in... staying out till 7 in the morning... takes alot out of yah...

Zhure

First Post
Tokiwong said:
so I take it we need to find the Headmaster then to get any answers?

This isn't a linear adventure. You can do whatever you want within the powers of your characters.
:)

I only highlighted Coles' descriptor because I don't think his name had been meantioned before. In retrospect I probably should've worked it in differently.

A note aboute the campaign of Drell: This campaign's been around awhile and there're a lot of named and detailed NPCs wandering about. Some of them may have nothing to do with the adventure.

Greg

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Zhure said:

This isn't a linear adventure. You can do whatever you want within the powers of your characters.
:)

cool non-linear well the questiosn is more for a concensus among the players then anything else

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Well Kith's instinct is too push this problem into some elses plate...

But the more he thinks about it (ie when we discuss it agian), the more he'll be likely to try to deal with it on "his" (read our) own, to protect his friends... (right now that mostly includes Yodwin)...

As a side note Zhure, was this meant to describe Kith or Keith?
Keith acrobatically weaves between the tables on his way.

i thought Kith was the one vaulting in the Library... Or has Keith got something to tell us... Hmmmm? Something making him happy? heh-heh

If it was Kith, it was a one time acrobatics over a table... it was a momentary bit of razmataz to draw attention away from the hiding ferret...

Last edited:

Remove ads