[OOC] Academy of Drell

Zhure

First Post
Oops. There goes the name misspelling thing again.

Sometimes when trying to sum up succinctly, one has to take a few liberties, but it should've been Kith not Keith. Gorsh, how could I have made that error. :)
Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
No p-roblem Boss.

Just making sure none mistook the two of us.

I'd hate for someone to think doom and dire Keith would ever break out of his shell and do something spontaneous, like I don't know, kiss a girl... wait he did, ummm, boy I'm gonna hafta kick the antics up a nothch :D

Anyway I all good clean fun till you spill coffee on the keyboard...

Tokiwong

First Post
evileeyore said:
No p-roblem Boss.

Just making sure none mistook the two of us.

I'd hate for someone to think doom and dire Keith would ever break out of his shell and do something spontaneous, like I don't know, kiss a girl... wait he did, ummm, boy I'm gonna hafta kick the antics up a nothch :D

Anyway I all good clean fun till you spill coffee on the keyboard...

Hey now... Keith is fun... you just need to get to know him... wait... now... he can't be too fun... that is what we have Kith for... although Keith could tumble if he wanted to...

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zhure, what's your take on Trigger Power and metapsionic feats.
There are quite some ways of doing it, the first being the way we have played in my group.
  • If metapsionic feat is used on a power that is also Triggered, the psion need not pay the extra cost from the feat on a succesful Trigger. He still needs to be able to pay the whole cost in case the Trigger fails
  • If a metapsionic feat is added to a power and if the Trigger is succesful, the psion only pays the extra cost from the feat
  • As first, but the DC increases with the cost
  • The DC increases with the cost and the power can't be cost-equivalent to a level higher than tree
  • If a metapsionic feat is added to a power, the Trigger automatically fails
I think that's all the ways of doing it that I've seen or heard of. This may affect my power and feat selections in the future.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
That is the million dollar question... just what is Keith thinking?

* World Domination?
* Advanced Fencing Tactics
*Extra-Curricular Activites...

the list goes on and on...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Tokiwong said:
That is the million dollar question... just what is Keith thinking?

* World Domination?
* Advanced Fencing Tactics
*Extra-Curricular Activites...

the list goes on and on...

... will he ever be as cool as Kith... the list goes on and on...

Hmmm, Keith's got the dark, mysteriousness going for him... but he's too cold to be cool...

Zhure

First Post
Dalamar said:
Zhure, what's your take on Trigger Power and metapsionic feats.
There are quite some ways of doing it, the first being the way we have played in my group.
  • If metapsionic feat is used on a power that is also Triggered, the psion need not pay the extra cost from the feat on a succesful Trigger. He still needs to be able to pay the whole cost in case the Trigger fails
  • If a metapsionic feat is added to a power and if the Trigger is succesful, the psion only pays the extra cost from the feat
  • As first, but the DC increases with the cost
  • The DC increases with the cost and the power can't be cost-equivalent to a level higher than tree
  • If a metapsionic feat is added to a power, the Trigger automatically fails
I think that's all the ways of doing it that I've seen or heard of. This may affect my power and feat selections in the future.

Excellent question and there's no official answer as far as I am aware.

I run it as:
- the DC increases based on the effective power level (2n+11, where n = the level the power would be based on its PP cost).
- the reserve has to exist to power both the original power and the metapsionic addition.
Thus, a level 1 power with a +2 metapsionic feat (Extend) is considered the same as a level 2 Power because it costs 3 PP to manifest. The DC would be 17 (same as a 3rd level power). The psion would need a reserve of 3 PP to manifest it if his check fails.

I've never put a cap on it, as it hasn't come up before. I'm willing to take input if anyone thinks this is too powerful or too lenient.

Greg

Zhure

First Post
My RL Drell campaign is on hiatus now, that's one of the reasons I didn't post this evening. I overslept, then had to prep for the game, then had to install a new HD in my other PC. Sadly, I don't have all the hardware drivers so that was a few hours of frustration to get a marginally functional computer. (The old HD died 1 day after its warranty expired... grrrrrr.... and since I bought it used, I'm not aware of which modem or which sound card it has. Now the whole thing has to be torn apart again, but frustration means that'll happen tomorrow -- big hands don't like little PC fiddlin'.)

As a result, my post is running especially late today.

The RL Drell campaign doesn't affect this campaign at all. They're two separate universes run at different time speeds. I was burned out by running multiple games and it's time I played again instead of running. Nothing to worry about; the EN campaign should be running strong for awhile to come.

Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Hey all, I wanna put the pics for the last three characters up... but I don't have any for Maerath and Arana, and the one for Charlotte isn't apropriate without the Artist info...

So I found some that might just do...

They can be found here. They will be a bit of a wait on loading because I am too lazy to code them properly...

However give it a few minutes as I'm not quite done... Geocities is baching my attempts to upload (yes I said bach... in joke...).

Anyway, I am halfway done with the retyping of characters into the 2 formats...

Zhure input? Do you like the QuickStats. Anything you want me to add or do without? etc...

Any how off to kick Geocities with dos boot...

Editted to add: I am done with the Idex page... Atleast as far as I know... It seems Geocities doesn't like my boot and my site shut down... BAKA!! It was only after 10 page views too... Oh I suppose uploading 13.5 megs out of my 15 meg site limit might have something to do with it as well.... heh, I really have to chop those pics down a bit... The entire 4 pages I have don't occupy as much memory space as the first pic of Charlotte does... of course that was also like 6.3 megs before I shrunk it to that size... heh

Last edited:

Remove ads