• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

Zhure

First Post
The RL game runs on Mondays until 3 AM or so (later in the case of today). No plot connection, just many of the same names and characters.

Nobody died, darn it.

I'll be posting shortly to the Part 2 IC thread. Afterwards, I'll make some updates to my character page and then check for responses (I realize I'm on a different schedule than everyone else)

/ramble

Greg

novyet

First Post
Close enough to what I was going to do, although apparently my original plan would have involved taking a 5' step into one. :eek:

Jeremy

Explorer
Unfortunately, Rallyn is off duty (and in the library of all places) and has no weaponry.

So his first action would have been to dodge and duck away into position (5' step if it'll work, 25' move with a Burst of green psionic energy and an AofO for moving through my attacker's threatened area if a 5' step won't get me into a good enough position for the Stomp). Either way, once I'm lined up to catch one or more of the interlopers without catching any students, my eyes will smoke green flame as my foot comes down with a rumbling of boulders sound and a wave of green energy will roll along the floor towards however many foes I could catch.

It's a reflex save DC 19 or take 1d4 points of subdual and be thrown to the ground. Next round he will briefly smell of a field after rain while a 10x10 foot grease patch forms with the corners affecting as many creatures as I can target. Reflex saves or fall prone, reflex saves to stand on their next turn. Duration: 4 rounds. As the second power is not a cone, Rallyn will do more than take a 5' step before that manfestation.

Can we edit things slightly to account for that?

Oo... Evil idea. :) Next turn can I call on a Ghost Sound to mimic the loud voice of the guy demanding the book to say, "I have it! Flee my minions!"? Might cause some indecision or confusion in their ranks.

Last edited:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Kith speaks

Heh for anyone interested what Kith incanted translates loosely as: "Ithil (Moon) grant me your bodily protection"

Just what till I belt out with: "edival telithil amin nuquernuva"

Or: By the power of the Moon I will punish(defeat) you... he he

No exploding :):):)u scenes thank you...

Editted: Haha.. apparently the japanese slang word for school uniform triggers the censors around here...

As a side note Lichenhart, I don't think you can take two standards in one round (Zhure will have to rule on this if he cares).

Inspire is supernatural (which generally means it takes a standard to activate) and Fighting defensively is also a Standard (I figure you plan to fight defensively in the next and subsequent rounds?). Not being a Rules-Nazi, but i figured I'd point it out... ('cause whatever Zhure wants is fine with me)

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Jeremy said:
Unfortunately, Rallyn is off duty (and in the library of all places) and has no weaponry.

So his first action would have been to dodge and duck away into position (5' step if it'll work, 25' move with a Burst of green psionic energy and an AofO for moving through my attacker's threatened area if a 5' step won't get me into a good enough position for the Stomp). Either way, once I'm lined up to catch one or more of the interlopers without catching any students, my eyes will smoke green flame as my foot comes down with a rumbling of boulders sound and a wave of green energy will roll along the floor towards however many foes I could catch.

It's a reflex save DC 19 or take 1d4 points of subdual and be thrown to the ground. Next round he will briefly smell of a field after rain while a 10x10 foot grease patch forms with the corners affecting as many creatures as I can target. Reflex saves or fall prone, reflex saves to stand on their next turn. Duration: 4 rounds. As the second power is not a cone, Rallyn will do more than take a 5' step before that manfestation.

Can we edit things slightly to account for that?

Oo... Evil idea. :) Next turn can I call on a Ghost Sound to mimic the loud voice of the guy demanding the book to say, "I have it! Flee my minions!"? Might cause some indecision or confusion in their ranks.

I'll make some changes to account for your actual desires.

Can't take a 5'-step and a move in the same round. Burst is a free action, so you can Burst + Stomp + Move 25'. I'll get right on it.

Greg

Zhure

First Post
Re: Kith speaks

evileeyore said:
As a side note Lichenhart, I don't think you can take two standards in one round (Zhure will have to rule on this if he cares).

Inspire is supernatural (which generally means it takes a standard to activate) and Fighting defensively is also a Standard (I figure you plan to fight defensively in the next and subsequent rounds?). Not being a Rules-Nazi, but i figured I'd point it out... ('cause whatever Zhure wants is fine with me)

I did a quick scan of the SRD and didn't find an exception to the standard action in the Bard's perform write-up. If anyone has a rules cite saying differently than a standard, let me know, otherwise, that's what I'm going with.

Greg (going to the IC thread to post now)

Lichtenhart

First Post
From the PH, Inspire Courage entry:While singing, the bard can fight but cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands).
Since I can fight, I thought I could defend myself. If you think I can't, I use my movement to reach anything that can give me a cover bonus.

(BTW, if I was really a rules lawyer, I'd have insisted that you can't use ghost soud to mimic intelligible speech. But I always found it absurd.)

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
From the PH, Inspire Courage entry:While singing, the bard can fight but cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands).
Since I can fight, I thought I could defend myself. If you think I can't, I use my movement to reach anything that can give me a cover bonus.

(BTW, if I was really a rules lawyer, I'd have insisted that you can't use ghost soud to mimic intelligible speech. But I always found it absurd.)

I believe that's after the round of activation; i.e., during the rounds of it's continuing use. In either case, you weren't in a position to be attacked. I do think it's a standard action because I didn't see any text declaring it a free action or MEA. :)

re: Ghost Sound... don't think it worked

Greg

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'm more inclined in making it a first level, seeing that Expeditious Retreat gives DOUBLE speed for 1 minute/level. Right now Prolonged Burst is highly inferior to it.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Lichtenhart said:

Well sometimes the rules are a little wacked.

For instance in order to activate or deactivate Boots Of Speed, you have to spend a standard action... thus on the 1st turn of use, you activate, get a move-equivalent, then a partial...

Our Fighter was dispondent when he found out he couldn't charge his enemies (round 1), then activate the boots and get a full attack on round 2... Of course once we told him he could activate then move "directly" at the enemy, hten partial charge he was much happier...

Remove ads