• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Dalamar said:
I'm more inclined in making it a first level, seeing that Expeditious Retreat gives DOUBLE speed for 1 minute/level. Right now Prolonged Burst is highly inferior to it.

Expeditous is an after market effect (ie it doesn't change your base stats) and thus does not stack with other after market effects (such as Boots of Springing and Striding).

Burst is a stat additive, and thus does "stack' with those effects.

Editted: Hmmm, every time I think of something else i null my own arguements. Hmmm... mayhaps 1st is its proper place. Although as for your statement of inferiority, keep in mind "most" Psi effects are either inferior or superior (or sometimes incomparable) to magic... rarely are they "equal"... but even at 1st, PBurst is still the lesser power agianst ERetreat...

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Straight from PsiHB:
The subject has a speed equal to her original speed +10 on her next round of actions
How I inderstand this is, that the subject's speed increases by 10ft. from what it was before the power, Boots of Striding and Springing included before the power.
Atleast this is how I've always played. Speed of Thought adds to base speed on the other hand, so in my group it affects monk increased speed also.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Dalamar said:
Straight from PsiHB:How I inderstand this is, that the subject's speed increases by 10ft. from what it was before the power, Boots of Striding and Springing included before the power.
Atleast this is how I've always played. Speed of Thought adds to base speed on the other hand, so in my group it affects monk increased speed also.

Wow. How in the H#ll did I miss that. Here I am the undisputed Master of Psi Rules (in my group I am the only one who ever plays Psis and Psi Warroirs, heck the only one who read the book-even the DM's differ to my judgement) and I misread a line like that... Hmmm, I'll have to rethink my stance on Burst and Boots of Springing and Striding (my Psi Warroir has been yearning to buy a pair...)...

I thought it worked just like SoT, I misread "original speed" as base speed...Hmmmm.

Editted to add: Gah, if it SoT alters base speed before Monk speed (which it should...), egads if the Monk in my party takes levels of Psi Warroir (which he is getting me to train him in) I'll never keep up with him...

After reading how Fian regards Turin (I was just hunting down all my god references and replacing them), this came to my mind:
Fian Versus Turin

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Zhure said:

I'll make some changes to account for your actual desires.

Can't take a 5'-step and a move in the same round. Burst is a free action, so you can Burst + Stomp + Move 25'. I'll get right on it.

Greg

I know, that's why the OR is in there. ;) If I can maneuver two or more into the stomp with just a 5' step, then that's what I'll do. If I can't, I'll Burst + Move into position, then Stomp. :)

All good the way it worked out though. Next round 5' step back further and grease them. Stalling tactics for Rallyn...

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Heh, I'm the only one in my group who actually reads the book. The only time when the DM actually read it was when I thought of doing a gizherai monk and taking most of my feats in SoT and Mental Leap (then I found out later that psicreatures can only use freely those feats that are listed in their statistic block) and he didn't believe me that it increased base speed. The character was a 13th level monk so I had PR from race and SR from class (we always use the psi=different) and I maxed out my Jump skill and took Boots of Striding and Springing. With an average running high jump, he could reach about 180ft. if I'm not mistaken. A mage flew straight up and after two rounds I could still reach him with a jump and started a grapple.

Dalamar

Adventurer
But the dang mage had stoneskin and stopped flying, making us both drop me taking LOTS of damage, he ignoring most of it (really good luck with dice)

Xael

First Post
Dalamar said:
But the dang mage had stoneskin and stopped flying, making us both drop me taking LOTS of damage, he ignoring most of it (really good luck with dice)

Yes. But I WON!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Crunchy Outercoating

Here is an early example of the page I am setting up to display all the characters. I'll be converting them to the same setup Tokiwong used on Kieth and putting here:Dramatis Persona

I'll also be linking TheBakaSite to it throught the Dramatis Persona link above the character list.

About those pics... well if you want up there I need that info.

Editted to add; the characters names on my first page will link to the expanded character sheet.

TTFN

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
I e-mailed you the html export of my character. You should be able to just upload it if you want Rallyn taken care of without any work. You might have to add the picture, but better than having to code the whole page. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads