• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

Lichtenhart

First Post
Dalamar, I am a total disaster with photoshop, so if you can I'll be very happy. But: is it legal to post here an edited pic without the author permission?

Zhure, I've still got a language slot. What do you think can be a useful language for a diplomat? I'm planning to learn Celestial here at the academy. Is Gnomish a separate language?

Oh and this is perfect for Vic's father, Julius von Adlerstein (Adlerstein in german= eagle's rock)

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hmm... don't know about the legalities.
Maybe I should add who it was created by and when and then state that it was edited by me.

Where is the scar BTW? I won't get it finished anytime soon as I'm going to go play with my kid brother for a while.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Well, I imagine it like a horizontal scar between his nose and his right ear, but don't worry too much about it. You're already too kind just editing the pic. Do like you think fits. Have fun with your brother!:)

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
I'll try to cover everything in one post. If I missed something, repeat it for me here. :)

Lichtenhart. Celestial is generally only used by priests. Same for infernal, but not the same caliber of priests. Gnomish is it's own language, although I'll give you an OOC comment that there isn't any planned use of it. Not to say there *can't* be, but I didn't foresee it. No, let me retract that, I just thought of a possible use. In fact, there is no language that will be completely worthless. For a diplomat, Elvish is really important as is Dwarven. The former is because the Elven kingdoms are centrally located and the latter because of the mines of the Dwarven kingdoms and it's use as the imperial document language. (Dwarven is fairly concise).

After re-examining the arguments put forward, Prolonged Burst can be 1st level. It's akin to an Extended Burst. :)

I still believe activating bardic music is a standard action because it's a supernatural ability, although maintaining it is a free action that requires a limited form of concentration which still allows for combat but not spellcasting.

Greg

Zhure

First Post
Next IC post will be within 2 hours. I have to do some errands and some work around the house. I'll read what's been posted and then get thinking about my reply shortly.
Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Very sweet Dalamar. Now he looks like some one pushed into the fight and not the who started it...

The standard ettiquette is to identify the original artist, and note when changes have been made (I ussually just provide a link to the original art)... changes mean anything (I've seen artists get huffy when their work was cropped and no notes where made)...

However as long as you aren't profitting from there work, and you give credit, most artists are pretty cool about using their stuf for private purposes (like to be your characters pic)...

And yeah I've been through the Ethics course on this... there is some legalese where once art has been displayed publicly for some amount of time (or is spread throughout the media freely or something) eventually it becomes public domain... I can't remember the fine print but it boils down to as long as you credit them, you don't dilute their work (or something).

novyet

First Post
Zhure, I just realized I need to add in synergy bonuses to my skills on the character sheet. Would you mind if I edit that in today?

evileeyore

Mrrrph
I asked Zhure a question a day or so ago via email. His response was "I don't think so...", but he couldn't remember why.

So I started a thread to discuss it.

TTFN

Zhure

First Post
novyet said:
Zhure, I just realized I need to add in synergy bonuses to my skills on the character sheet. Would you mind if I edit that in today?

I'll try to remember to update my site as well, because that's where I check stuff when I am doing posts. A brief summary of changes here would be really helpful to help kick-start my memory in the morning when I log back on.

Greg

Remove ads