[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
OK, I moved this here a sec:

[sblock=???] @Neil1889 you're going to have to explain that one to me mate. What I've understood you want to do is use Aegis of Shielding again and Mark the Spirit as well with it. How do you manage to do that? Maybe I have misunderstood your intention, but if I have understood right, you can't actually do that.

a) My version of the Aegis of shielding is worded differently. What source are you getting the standard action part from? It's a minor (always not just 1/encounter). And if you lay it on someone else the original mark ends.

It would make sense for Rain to change mark as the Jelly is stunned. It aint going to hit anyone. But that's a minor action. you still have a move and a standard action.

If you have reference to some source saying that is somehow different if you use it as a standard action feel free to point it out. I could be wrong. But I really doubt it. [/sblock]

Yep, I've got the rule text wrong (plus got it approved) and I've used it wrong. Sorry about that. I'll edit the move to something else and edit the power on the character sheet to this if you reckon it looks OK:

Aegis of Shielding (Minor Close burst 2 Arcane)
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark other creatures using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. If your marked target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by 8 points of damage.

Sorry about that.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] Hey mate, you're up. Just thought I'd tag you and ask if we should maybe know if you're away for a while or anything like that. If you see this and have a few secs just to flick me a quick response that would be great.

Sorry [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]! Been rather busy at work the last couple of days. Things are pretty much back to normal, so I should be able to take my turn today. Sorry for the delay!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Taking it to the OOC thread.

The point of contention is signing in with a user name so all rolls are trackable in the same place. Though I'll think one might find that anonymous rolls are more trackable than you think.

I don't know exactly how it works with regards to the campaign but some of you seem to be linking rolls. If that could happen, even better.

But one must be signed in. Sorry. Them the breaks.

It's not that we are linking them, but if I put "A Call for Lovers" as the Campaign name associated with my roll and other players do the same, when you search for "A Call for Lovers", it will bring up all our dice rolls as well as the names of the characters associated with those rolls (the ones we filled in when we made the roll) but there is no registration process for a PC or campaign.

Neil1889

First Post
Taking it to the OOC thread.

It's not that we are linking them, but if I put "A Call for Lovers" as the Campaign name associated with my roll and other players do the same, when you search for "A Call for Lovers", it will bring up all our dice rolls as well as the names of the characters associated with those rolls (the ones we filled in when we made the roll) but there is no registration process for a PC or campaign.

So, I am logged in to the Invisible Castle:

All I'm doing is typing, or even pasting "A Call for Lovers" without the quotes and correct number of spaces in the Campaign Name box on Invisible Castle.

I don't actually seem to be able to sign in to a specific Campaign Page or even search for campaigns and I'm subscribed to Invisible Castle; that section linked on the Invisible Castle website's toolbar seems defunct.

However, I can find things under the general Search and follow some links in that page that comes up to those players who're likely doing the same as me. (Under Campaign Links the defunct Campaign Page is also there, but only the Latest Rolls section works.)

So, yes, no actual Campaign Registration process available.

Incidentally, I sometimes use chains of rolls in the same roll of dice and spell out what order it is they are to be performed in the link. As it happens, I make that decision in the forum posts and pretty much paste that order of dice rolls into Invisible Castle's Note section. Saves a shed load of time once you get the hang of it.

Last edited:

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: I will be happy to link my rolls for you, but it does not seem, currently, as though Invisible Castle will even process registrations at the moment. I have tried multiple times this morning to sign up, but it has never send me the confirmation email required to complete the registration. Without that, I cannot use the Campaign textbox you want us to use.

Son of Meepo

First Post
@jbear : I will be happy to link my rolls for you, but it does not seem, currently, as though Invisible Castle will even process registrations at the moment. I have tried multiple times this morning to sign up, but it has never send me the confirmation email required to complete the registration. Without that, I cannot use the Campaign textbox you want us to use.

I know I'm probably stating the obvious, but did you check your spam filter for the email?

Always. I work in IT/Phone support. That's always my first suggestion to customers...and I always check there myself....it's not there unfortunately, and I've tried 6 or 7 times now.

Remove ads