[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

FourMonos

First Post
Greetings everyone!
Just wanted to say hello.
I was also curious with how much background I should look up.

I'm still working on his background/wiki, but my character is a stormsoul genasi barbarian Razam. He is a loud, jovial fellow (unfortunately easily angered) who is a general embarrassment to his family/clan. His wanderlust and family pushing got him adventuring.

His background actually is 'Chaos Burn' indicating spending some time in the elemental chaos. Perhaps he also unintentionally ended up in this portal/dimension/whatever.

I'm fine with whatever explanation, happy to be aboard.

renau1g

First Post
Here's a brief synopsis of the adventurer's exploits so far, very brief in detail:

4e Kingmaker Conversion | Obsidian Portal

Long story short, all but Elurin were sent from Daunton as part of their outreach efforts to investigate the new island that appeared out of the mists. Elurin has a different reason, but that's not been revealed yet (if ever?).

The new island was even featured in a story in the Screamer - http://www.enworld.org/forum/5210643-post40.html

Leif

Adventurer
I'm still working on his background/wiki, but my character is a stormsoul genasi barbarian Razam. He is a loud, jovial fellow (unfortunately easily angered) who is a general embarrassment to his family/clan. His wanderlust and family pushing got him adventuring.

His background actually is 'Chaos Burn' indicating spending some time in the elemental chaos. Perhaps he also unintentionally ended up in this portal/dimension/whatever.

I'm fine with whatever explanation, happy to be aboard.
Sounds like Razam and Faustus will get along famously! :)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hmm, Ironheart is probably very interested in the Living Isle's disappearance. Maybe somebody could pose some NPC's talking about it as they pass him on the way into the tavern, which would wake him up. Then he could find his own way to the site where it used to be.

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks for the note about Create Campsite, I'll pick a different ritual before we start. :)

Quick background summary for Renau's approval, and general comments.

Arcata is a dispossessed noble. While she was away studying magic one of her family's noble rivals managed to pull off an attack. Through accusations and the fabrication of convincing evidence, they convinced the king (emperor, whatever the local high ruler is) that Arcata's father was disloyal and treasonous to the crown. By the time she could get back her parents had been executed, and her surviving family scattered; their land, titles and treasures all forfeit to the crown.

She went into hiding, trading what little finery she still had for inklings of arcane instruction; sometimes going hungry for the Art. In time she grew proficient enough to begin to earn a living, and that is when Arcata began to lay her plans for the rebirth of her House, and vengeance upon those who despoiled it.

HandofMystra

First Post
SO Elurin is the last of the native's?
Here's a brief synopsis of the adventurer's exploits so far, very brief in detail:

4e Kingmaker Conversion | Obsidian Portal

Long story short, all but Elurin were sent from Daunton as part of their outreach efforts to investigate the new island that appeared out of the mists. Elurin has a different reason, but that's not been revealed yet (if ever?).

The new island was even featured in a story in the Screamer - http://www.enworld.org/forum/5210643-post40.html

Shayuri

First Post
Depends! It's possible Arcata is native. I'm not sure what the political landscape of the island is. Renau, is that basic story I outlined something that could exist here on the island? If so, then no need for her to have come overseas.

renau1g

First Post
Arcata could certainly be from the new land, there would be lots of intrigue and you'll see it developing later with the Swordlords. Shay - hat background is certainly appropriate for the adventure/setting.

[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] - would that conversation be best in the tavern thread?

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] - perhaps your PC entered the Feywild from the Chaos and as part of the shifting effect of the living isle moving it may have disrupted the boundaries between the worlds ever so briefly pulling your PC through?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] - would that conversation be best in the tavern thread?

Yeah, I think so. Pose some nameless NPC's walking in and discussing the Living Isle's disappearance, and they I'll have Ironheart follow them. Or I could pose both sides of the conversation.

Shayuri

First Post
Renau, good deal. Lets go with that then. I'll go over the mechanics again and tweak with the background in mind, then I should be good to go!

Remove ads