(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Magic items with Miss Imogen:
IC 1223 magic hat that allows the wearer to breathe underwater; gemstone with an imprisoned water elemental, who must obey whoever sets it free.
IC 1072 an Alchemy Jug and four beans from a wondrous item called a Bag of Beans

(with all of these, she's holding them, not using them; alchemy jug was used to provide fresh water for the sick at the military camp)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ha! Imogen has all the party's magic items! How'd that happen?

Q: Aiming is not a thing?
A: Tasha's added this, but it's only for Rogues:

Steady Aim​

3rd-level rogue feature

As a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven’t moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

... a lot of Rogue Bonus Actions are Actions for everyone else so it's not a stretch, but it's not in the rules ATM. I think that it's existed before, either in playtests or older editions. I don't really remember. Seems like it, though.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
q1: nobody claimed them, and when we'd moved on either onto a new page or with a few days of realtime passing, I noted them on a sheet so they'd not be forgotten. They are available for those that want them (I never moved them to her personal equipment).

q2: yes, there it is a bonus action. I was thinking in terms of foregoing an action to have advantage the next turn. My sense is that would almost always be a bad bet, but this time (third [potential] combat without a rest) it would help.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
(third [potential] combat without a rest) it would help.

Yeah, it wouldn't be broken in any way to be able to use "Aim" as an action. Most times it would be a waste of your turn. I'm not gonna houserule that, but you can use Inspiration for suggesting it, so you get an even better benefit! (I don't mean to not use inspiration as a mechanic - I just forget it exists!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Between this and the time Imogen "stole" Artus Cimber's Ring of Winter, it seems that Imogen has a fascination with magic items. I suspect everyone wanted to avoid the possibility of fighting with her again and just let her have them! (Meanwhile I think she probably felt, "Well, if no one else wants this... I'll take it!")

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
With respect, I don't think that is fair.

The incident with the Ring of Winter was remarkably unpleasant, with me (as a player) literally being told I "played my hand too early" (whatever that meant, as if I had somehow schemed to enter the game to achieve one particular aim) and the DM stopping just short of ordering me to return it, suggesting that Miss I might not be able to continue as a PC. That was ugly (I use understatement; I have never been told that a character's action was unacceptable to the game, and I contemplated leaving this and other games as a result of that interaction). I have continued to play consistently and honestly with the party since then, as I had at that time, and (importantly) not to step out of line, as player or character. That has included some bookkeeping and making sure things like antitoxins and magic are not forgotten. Additionally, I have dropped all mention in my posts of the faction-conflict established at the beginning of the game for fear it would be confused and judged.

Since that time, I have taken a level of sorcerer purely for the purpose of establishing a narrative tie to the event with the ring, and I have had Miss I inquire more than once about Arts Cimber when she encounters people who might have information. That has become the defining moment of her life as a character.

At the end of the current encounter, Miss I will drop or hand off all the magic she is carrying.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral doesn't know and wouldn't care if he did simply because tribe shares. Unless it is something directly useful, it is not important who carries what.

Also, i read the adventure from the start and don't remember this. Probably went on in ooc?

Remove ads