(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
[MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION] I was updating my character notes, and I noticed that the RG still has Nameless posted at Level ONE! I'm not sure if I just didn't notice before, or if you accidently put up an old one.
I think I've skipped that part every level. The rest should be about right except maybe gold and inventory. And the new weapons profiles.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Medic
You master the physician’s arts, gaining the following benefits:
• Increase your Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
• You gain proficiency in the Medicine skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
• During a short rest, you can clean and bind the wounds of up to six willing beasts and humanoids. Make a DC 15 Wisdom (Medicine) check for each creature. On a success, if a creature spends a Hit Die during this rest, that creature can forgo the roll and instead regain the maximum number of hit points the die can restore. A creature can do so only once per rest, regardless of how many Hit Dice it spends.

Ah, okay. I basically ignore UA, which is why I hadn't heard of it. Doesn't sound too bad.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Feedback

Overall, my games have had a pretty good track record when it comes to player retention and posting frequency. They've slowed down lately, which is just as much on me as anyone else, if not more so. Anyway, I've decided to take a little poll of my players to see what you think:

Please let me know which of these fits your opinion best (feel free to expand on it or make up another):

1) The rate the games are moving at are fine (or at least good enough) and we should continue on as is, keeping up as best as we are able.
2) The games are slow, and we should try to do better, but it's no biggie.
3) The games are too slow, and we should crack the whip.

If you pick 3, then pick one or more of these:
a) Slow posting players should pick up the pace or drop out and/or be replaced.
b) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Rise of the Dracolich.
c) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Fitz' Folly.
d) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Scourge of Daggerford.

If you want your opinion to be private, feel free to PM me.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in myself for slowing down, but I'm not sure it's a problem. If everyone (or almost everyone) is happy with how things are going, then so am I. I hold myself to a high standard, but I'm easy-going and not judgemental of others, so if things are fine, I'll stop worrying about it.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Same answer as in other thread:

My vote is 2. We have slowed down over the past few weeks, and I expect over december that will continue. But I do hope that in January, we can all be back up to speed. I am pleased with the game, and am here for the long haul, I hope.

I'll add this: don't beat yourself up, Fitz. Running a game takes energy and time, and we are all the beneficiaries of your investment. But everyone has real lives too. The commitment for us is the least. If you need to drop a game, of course we'll understand.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So - surprise round. Does that mean that some of us don't get to go at all? Do we take a standard movement (well, halved because of difficult terrain?), ie "act normal as if we don't know there is a fight" or do we spent a round getting our bearings?

Suggestion to the party for tactics: The foe will either split up (in which case we have 2 mini-fights simultaneously) or will attack one group or the other. We should try to remain in line of sight with each other if this happens. This way, the group not being attacked can "move and shoot" and provide supporting missile fire to assist the one being attacked directly ( assuming they attack in melee range).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Like Kobold said. 5e surprise is like a condition (like a round one stun) that takes away your actions. You defend yourself normally, though. I usually allow what is normally free actions as part of the fluff (drawing weapons, speaking). Story-wise it's a just-too-late mad scramble.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Man, Surprise even stops Rodrigo from his usual counter-attacks. I had assumed that he would parry, or something, but I just looked it up: No reactions. Of course, that's "until after your turn" and we didn't roll initiative. So let's have an Init roll-off. If Rodrigo beats the Pterafolk who's attacking him, he's got his reactions available.

Pterafolk: [roll0]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I should point out, too that there's no line-of sight from the top of the hill (like where Chrysagon is) to where Tarri & Kasqa are around the corner of the second bend. Chrys can just see Rodrigo and Qawasha rounding the bend.

However, Harb is moving to a spot where he can *just* start to see their heads as they come up the trail. (And therefore the Pterafolk above them).

Remove ads