• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Strangely, you don't: There's no prerequisite, and there's no rolls involved. I think the Feat is using a slightly different mechanic to model ability as a healer than the usual proficiency system. They probably should have had the feat give you proficiency if you don't have it, but the skill, proficiency, and tool systems are inconsistent anyway. IMO, it's probably the weakest thing design-wise in 5e, but it works. Sometimes has a few wonky bits, is all.

Story-wise, you'll have learned some tricks at the monastery, some stuff from Qawasha, some stuff from Tarri, and have a natural aptitude as well. (Monastic tricks could be massage or joint-manipulation, or even teaching the others to breathe through pain, or whatever).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Strangely, you don't: There's no prerequisite, and there's no rolls involved. I think the Feat is using a slightly different mechanic to model ability as a healer than the usual proficiency system. They probably should have had the feat give you proficiency if you don't have it, but the skill, proficiency, and tool systems are inconsistent anyway. IMO, it's probably the weakest thing design-wise in 5e, but it works. Sometimes has a few wonky bits, is all.

Story-wise, you'll have learned some tricks at the monastery, some stuff from Qawasha, some stuff from Tarri, and have a natural aptitude as well. (Monastic tricks could be massage or joint-manipulation, or even teaching the others to breathe through pain, or whatever).

kitsch? Majority of Harbs training has been in how to comfort the dying rather than to keep them alive. But with death on the Fritz, Harb has taken it upon himself to work on actual healing abilities. This is really the fluffy response in his case anyways.

Okay then, can we assume that travelling with Qwasha he's accumulated the equivalent of a healers kit then?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure. Could have picked up some clean(ish) rags for at either of the camps to use as bandages, collected medicinal plants with Qawasha and even caught some leeches in the swamp outskirts. You can get clean water from the Alchemy Jug, so sure. He's got a healer's kit.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah, you don't need proficiency for a healer's kit. It isn't really one of the "tools". It doesn't do anything except let you stabilize someone. If you have the feat, you can actually do some HP recovery. I don't know the Medic feat you're talking about. I don't think that's a thing, unless it's UA.

Remove ads