(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmm. I actually prefer lowish-magic games myself, so I really like this party.

To Kobold's questions: 1: I'm wary of feats that have a rep for being OP like Sharpshooter does, but I don't usually play with optimized characters so I've never seen it be a problem. (In other words, I wouldn't stop you from taking Sharpshooter, but I might feel relieved if you take something else.) That said, it shouldn't be hard to get studded leather by mission two.

2: I have no opinion either way. I haven't read very far and don't know if stealth would come up more than deception. Depends on if you want to talk to people or surprise and murder, I guess.

3: I LOVE it. Great stuff.

Fradak

Explorer
Some quick thoughts (driving):

D&D 5e is more about killing thing as fast as you can than tank and pray.
Burst DPS solve more problems than high AC.
Sharpshooter is one of the best feat for high DPS.
Short rest and Hit Dices are there for the healing.

Fradak

Explorer
Let's do this. :)

(Except that the ranger will cast only hunter's mark and the paly divine favor)

I suppose our factions can share some healing potions. They send elite troops to a deadly mission. This is the least they could do ;).

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As for the deception thing. Nameless is actually designed to be pretty persuasive when he needs to be. I had plans on it being more of a silent deception. But he'll talk. Just likely to act the beggar quite a bit.

Squirrels are evil!

EarlyBird

Explorer
I should have went with the gnome druid castaway, oh well. And I so wanted to use blowpipes and wear a tiki mask.

f28423a619395a2de2f839299258092b--tiki-mask-tiki-decor.jpg

I also thought of a rouge to expertise in Survival.

But then he said oh you start on the boat, so the jungle man was out. But as for my build I want to take 1 lvl of cleric (nature) probably real late though. Not till after he gets natural explorer - jungle. Want to play the build up to where the jungle grows on him. He will hate it to start make no mistake this may get on peoples nerves, a mountain dwarf in the jungle.

Maybe with all the melee types the DM will allow the flanking optional rule to help us gang up on a dinosaur or two.

And yes Hunter's Mark will be my main spell, but I may also take Goodberry that could be like having a daily healing potion in a small pouch ready to eat for someone.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
LOL - Yes that it does, I was just thinking of the advantage it would give our poor non-fireball casting group. And if I do get a lvl of cleric I won't be taking cure wounds sorry, healing word - Gruff words to be sure, but healing you all the same.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I usually find that fireball ends fights in a spectacular, but ultimately unfulfilling way. I personally prefer slugging it out toe-to-toe with my enemies until they eventually die.

(Maybe there's a reason I mostly play fighters and rogues.)

I can tell you that this is the kind of party I enjoy playing, myself. I'll probably enjoy DMing for it, too.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I think this will be fun as well, Always wanted to run a Conan style game where none of the PCs is a caster and the bad guys are all wizards.

Remove ads