(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh, I just read your backstory. I could make the village your Tabaxi village, then, and make your two friends also Tabaxi.

Any feelings on what colour your fur is? I've got a few Icons in mind.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I was kinda going for very Isolated tribe in which his metal dagger is great treasure and his mace is quartz, not metal.

Only when he got into civilization he got to know about that 'magic material'. But this works even better - this will be his first encounter with non -jungle people

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I just realized the image I put up is female (you can see breasts behind the arm in the big image) :) - didn't notice it before. Just ignore that little part, it is his pouch with survival necessities :p

Edited equipment, adjusted few skills - I probably should have Religion too, but between his curiosity (perception, investigation), bard (arcana, performance, intimidate), fixed (survival, athletics, stealth) ... no space for medicine, religion, nature...too many skills, too little slots :)

Anyhow, I filled some gaps in skills, I'm thinking changing Mage Hand to Mending - seems useful in the jungle...but so does triggering the trap from afar.

@FitzTheRuke questions:
1) may I replace Athletics with Acrobatics from the background (no biggie if not)
2) May I have Net variation(s) - snag net that would do 1 damage on failed 'get free' attempt or maybe give disadvantage (both due thorns woven into it), but with increased folding time
3) Another variation for later - having a metal net or reinforced net or whatever that would increase Str DC from 10 to something meaningful
4) Can we change the net from 5/15 to 10/15 so it can have at least one use without a disadvantage? :) As-is, it has to be used from ambush to get advantage to negate disadvantage
5) Tribesman background includes hunting trap, but it is described as a bear trap (metal) - can we say it is a net trap instead?
6) Can I have anti-toxin and/or healing potion - I have herbalism kit and proficiency (or it could be a gift from the shaman)
7) Clarification: Ritual Caster feat explicitly says you get the ritual book, but Ritual caster class feature says any spell you KNOW - with bards limited known spells that means I just occasionally save the slot by taking extra time? Or I can cast spells from the bards list if I can write them somehow?
8) Can we say my writing is in qippu form? (those Inca knots of colored materials?) :)

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sounds like you are as frustrated as I am about the design of Nets. (Actually, I would like a whole lot of mundane items to do interesting things before moving on to Magic Items, but I guess that's not 'D&D enough' for some people...)

To your Questons:
1) (Replace Athletics with Acrobatics) You can if you like, but I tend to see Athletics as more useful than Acrobatics. Also, we have a lot of Dex Characters. We needed NPCs for labour.
2) to 4) (Net variations) Seeing as I'm not very generous with magic items, especially not for starting characters (even at higher levels), I will happily make you an interesting net. Here it is:
Tabaxi Flying Net with Teeth (called a Mrrl'wrrl or Merl-whirl)
Range 10/20, dc12 Escape (does 1d4 piercing damage on a failed escape attempt).
5) (Tribesman background hunting trap) Net Trap it is.
6) (Anti-toxin and/or healing potion) One of each, sure.
7) (Ritual Caster) I'm afraid it works like 'Goyle says. Bards are good enough as they are.
8) (qippu form writing) Absolutely. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am on holidays this week - which will actually give me more time for my games, rather than less. I am going to spend some of that free time catching up, and some of it trying to figure out how to increase my efficiency, so I can keep up better in the future.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So Dellrak is restrained. Hopefully that means it will leave Chrysagon and Miss Imogen alone. And as a dwarf, he can tank that poison better. Still, kill the damn thing! LOL Burn it with fire!

Remove ads