• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ooc] gng - nameless [4/4]

doghead

thotd
Maerdwyn: Equating Bardic (music) Level to uses per day works. It saves a bunch of CP in the long run, but it does decrease the flexibilty significantly as you have to wait for your increases, rather than choosing when to get them. Assuming that you may only take one progression of a type per level, you could purchase up to Inspire Courage IV three levels after getting Bardic Music.

To be honest, I'm not fussed. Go with whichever suits you. Even with the automatic improvement approach, I tend agree that Bardic Music is still less bang for your buck than a level in spellcasting. An ordinary cleric (no Wis bonus spells) gets 3 Oth and 2 1st level spells per day straight off the bat, a sorcerer gets 5/3. Many of which, as you mentioned, improve in some way with each spellcasting level taken.

So assuming no strong objections from anyone, we are settled I think.

BTW, very nasty move in the HLLJ. How about cutting our poor characters some slack? An Imperial commendation for valour and Lifetime membership to TAS wouldn't go amiss.

thotd

Maerdwyn

First Post
doghead said:
BTW, very nasty move in the HLLJ. How about cutting our poor characters some slack? An Imperial commendation for valour and Lifetime membership to TAS wouldn't go amiss.

thotd

(What's HLLJ? )

I figured things had been a bit slow over there lately, and thought it was time to kick things along a bit. The edit it ready in your spoiler secion over in that thread, BTW :]

doghead

thotd
HLLJ: High Law, Low Justice. Perhaps I should have put a comma in there. HL,LJ. That LJ stil loks like some sort of weird kanji, at least on my screen.

What do you mean by "the edit is ready"?

I sblocked the response as it seemed to add a little "frission" to things. Not knowing what the others are saying or doing is the whole point of separating us. Just a thought.

thotd.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Sorry, that didn't register.

"Edit is ready": When I posted my response in sblock, it was originally just "To be added" - I lost a long post and had to reconstitute it. In case you had seen the placeholder, was just letting you know the real post was set. No biggie.

khavren

First Post
I was figuring on just going from what happens in the game for how to advance him. I'd like to get more spell casting of course, but not sure what past that.

Seonaid

Explorer
Whoo . . . here we go.

Garival was designed to be a younger, less impressive Lan (Wheel of Time). I'll keep him on that path (ranger/fighter) until/unless something comes up that makes him change his mind. Leveling gives me enough of a headache, that I'm not going to actually plot it out unless you would like me to.

I'll max him out in his skills and take Heal, unless something else looks good when I'm doing it.

What's the stats on long knives? No shield. Can't remember why I took the shield feat. There was some reason for it.

He will definitely try to keep his bullets at 20. If there are more, and he can carry them easily, he would take more.

doghead

thotd
khavren, Seonaid: That's fine. I don't need a outline, but if you do have a advancement in mind, it can help if I know it.

Seonaid: Long knives are essentially just short swords. You could switch the crit to 10/+0 (20x2), and give them a 10 ft. throwing increment ... ah, but then you really should need the Martial WP (Sword). OK. Long knives are just long daggers. It has no in game effect. :p Most people with some mitilia/guard experience would have AP (shield). Kind of standard training. As it hasn't come into play, feel free to change it if you wish.

OK. Max Heal. That leaves you 4 skill points I think. Know/Local (laws and customs and personages) or Prof/Landcarl (prehaps pretty much the same thing) would work. There were plenty of bullets at the hill top ruins. Knock yourself out. Can you let me know when Garival's CS is updated.

Remove ads