• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Halfling Quest - [Calling EvilHalfling]

Slippshade

First Post
Ferrix and anyone who had a hand in building Amblestock. I am doing a little world building (on another site) in anticipation of 4th edition and I would very much like to include Amblestock and its residents. I was wonding if anyone had any objections to this?

Slippshade

First Post
Yeah, it has never left my subscribed threads. :)

I figure with 4th Edition out soon and me in the mood for some more world creation it was a great place to start. Besides Bubbles is one of my favorite characters!

Thanks 'Nock!

Slippshade

First Post
4th edition

I am going to start writing up our characters in 4 edition rules (except for Jerren, since bards don't exist yet). I was wondering if anyone wanted to update their old characters and post them here.

Any takers?

Boddynock

First Post
I haven't made the move to 4E, and don't intend to any time soon, so feel free to write up that pesky little paladin any way you want. ;)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Sure - When I made a halfling rogue for the 4e iconics thread, I stole some of Bubbles background, although not personality - for Bunny.
the big surprise from converting Eddie is that he went Brutal scoundrel - his charisma penalty is deeply ingrained, and without the str penalty, he is pretty strong. He also is a foot taller.

Here is Eddie [sblock]
Eddie Mossback; Unaligned Halfling Rogue 1(Brutal Scoundrel); Small Humanoid;

Str 14, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 9
hp 25 AC: 15 Fort 11, Ref 15 Will 11
Skills and Feats
Stealth:+8 Thievery:+10 Perception:+6 Streetwise:+4 Dungoneering+6, Athletics+7
Feats: Improved Initiative

Class and Race Features: +2 dex, +2 Chr; Small, base speed 6 sq.
Bold, Nimble Reaction, Rogue weapon trick. Second Chance. Sneak attack +2d6, first strike
Languages: Native Common & Halfling;

Exploits:
At Will: Deft strike, Riposte strike
Encounter: Dazing Strike
Daily: Trick Strike
(future) Utility - Quick Fingers

Possessions: Backpack, Bedroll, sling, Waterskin, Trail Rations, Flint & Steel, Artisan's Outfit (free), Thieves Tools, Dagger, Leather Armor, Silver spoons (15gp), Pot of Honey

Description:
At 4'2" and 86 lb, Eddie is medium in size but slumped shoulders an a retiring manner make him seem smaller. His clothes are a little ragged and usually hand-me downs from others. He wears a buttoned shirt and worn belt, breeches but uses cloth wrappings for his feet if necessary. His armor is similar unmatched bits and pieces, and his dagger is slightly tarnished.

Background: Eddie Mossback a young thief. He is from a poor family his father, Batlow’s leg was crushed beyond repair and his mother is the sickly and addled Mona. The town’s charity provided for basic needs but there was never enough. His father is bitter and occasionally violent. He has an older brother Harrow that left home for the big city, Piria . The brother didn't get along with anyone in the family. Harrow is poorly thought of and has fallen in with bad elements in the city.

Eddie took to stealing the little things, mostly food. He has been caught occasionally, but let off with a warning. The city baker Hugh feels sorry for him and will usually slip him a little something from the community ovens. In return he tries to be on his best behavior around him. He can be found running errands to his aunt Clara Wanebur usually for medicines.

Personality: He is quiet and is too self conscious to speak in front of crowds. He will occasionally whisper advice to friends. He feels guilty about stealing but not enough to stop if he thinks he can get away with it. He tries hard not to steal from friends, but there is always a temptation. His family is on the verge of kicking him out, and he has spent several nights alone in the woods. He is quiet and is too self conscious to speak in front of crowds. He will occasionally whisper advice to friends. Such as Kwinn, Kivera and Ringly. He is intimidated by Alton and Jerran. He likes Kivera and is less self conscious around her than others his own age. The village elders hope that his peers will teach him to become a respectable citizen. He is not truly set his ways and shows interest in other possibilities for his life.

Development: He has warmed to the young hobbits that he has traveled with, especially Kivera. He sees Alton as a rival for her affections, but likes him inspite of that. He will continue trying to impress Kiverera whenever possible. He is starting to gain a little self confidence, and tries not to steal from people he hopes to impress.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads