• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Metal Joe / Black Ops d20 Modern - FULL!

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ok... About a possible new game. I'm interested.

My Vote:

I'd kinda like to play something Modern with a slight supernatural twist. Somewhere around 6th-8th level would be nice.

Krizzel

First Post
About as far supernatural as I plan to go is what's in MGS/MGS2, or most action movies. There might be enough support for something more X-Files (if that's what you're thinking) though - at least there were a few people wanting that when I started this game. It would have to be a different DM though because I don't want to run that :)

perivas

First Post
You are all very correct about the slow rate of posting in this game. A stealthy, black ops game isn't the most conducive environment for social interactions. Somehow, talking with the others seemed out of place in this game. I think that didn't exactly help the post rate. I'm still interested in a black ops game, but maybe more in the context of a mission having gone wrong, where cussing and yelling is the business of the day.

Also, as a minor nit, I didn't think that the participants overall liked the way the first firefight panned out in this game. I don't know if it caused the premature death of the game or not, but somehow I didn't feel that we were all that special. Hurt us, maim us or just plain kill us, but making the group fairly ineffectual certainly didn't seem to work. Just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

KitanaVorr

First Post
I didn't have a problem with the firefight - lol other than it messed up the sniper/scout's careful planning for the last 3 days and she started off being very angry at the team.

It taught me how I should have really made Kai though to make her fit the sniper/scout thing. If I make her again I will definitely change alot of things about her.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
perivas said:
Also, as a minor nit, I didn't think that the participants overall liked the way the first firefight panned out in this game. I don't know if it caused the premature death of the game or not, but somehow I didn't feel that we were all that special. Hurt us, maim us or just plain kill us, but making the group fairly ineffectual certainly didn't seem to work. Just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

Hmmm... I think you hit on something there. As a group of "special forces" characters, I wouldn't have thought that we would have that much trouble neutralizing a couple of unsuspecting "red shirt" mercenaries. Maybe some of us lost some of our enthusiasm for our characters when we discovered that they weren't as efficient as we had hyped them up to be.

That would be our own fault as players. *holds up hand* I'm guilty. Though I still had some enthusiasm in me and wanted to see where the game was going.

Sometimes the dice just roll the wrong way. Nothing against you Krizz. You have done a wonderful job thus far. I've been impressed.

perivas

First Post
You're right! It's one thing to be torn to shreds by strange creatures that may have escaped from a genetic engineering lab. It's wholy another matter to be nearly defeated by "red shirts".

garyh

First Post
I'd like the game to continue, starting over if necessary. I like the concept, but I agree sneaking around in the beginning was a bit of a tough way to try to get the posts to flow. ;) I've been part of the problem, I admit, but I was at a loss as to what to do at times.

Krizzel

First Post
I'll respond properly to everything tomorrow, though I want to let you all know I thought about this while I was gone.

One question I'd like to hear from you on ASAP: is everyone interested in redoing their character (as Kitana seems to be)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads