• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Metal Joe / Black Ops d20 Modern - FULL!

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:
Hey Ashrem ;)

I will have an update for you tonight. Two days of mega-commuting and little sleep, plus one more of those days today, and I'm having a little trouble forming coherent thoughts. Should be free tomorrow though so I can stay up a while tonight.

Hmm well on second thought maybe I'll get something out before lunchtime. Where did I put my d20...?

LOL I can attest to that since the reason for the mega traveling has been to drive me everywhere (thank you krizzel!), but then he can attest to my stressful and psychotic life for the past few days as well. At least you got to rest, Krizzie! No 8 to 5:30 meetings for you, you lucky cat, you! hehe

I know I've been in no state of mind to post coherently (Shalimar and Jemal can attest to my state of noncoherence yesterday evening) as my brain has just been shutting down the second I leave the office or class, whichever comes last or maybe first. hmm...hehe.

The stress is so bad that I haven't felt a pang of hunger for the last five days and I only remember to eat when someone reminds me...and even then I can barely get anything down.

So you guys can take ALL the time you need getting to Shadow Wolf, LOL :p so I can regain some wits by the time you get there. She's a tricky PC to play.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:

Thanks. Hehe a little relaxation and I feel a lot better now...so... :D

nuh uh uh...don't be late! I'm skipping out on a meeting for this (well okay b/c I'm sick of meetings and screw 'em) and did you find my corporate credit card? Cuz if so, I want to get to school early and get the books...well one book is there, but I'm not sure if the other one came in yet or not.

you know this is sad...I would email you but I"m not sure which you'd read first...

Krizzel

First Post
Ultramodern Firearms:

If you wish to switch to a weapon in UmFa, please let me know within the next few days (say by monday). Just the weapons themselves for now, please - no special ammo.

For those who don't have the book, just stick with the weapon you've got. After this mission, I'll help you pick out a weapon from the book if you'd like to switch. I'll also open up the possibility of the special ammo types at that point, and possibly revisit ammo weights now that there's been some rulings on that in the FAQ.

Krizzel

First Post
Ok

First the latest map, repeated here for reference:

rendezvous.jpg

Each square is 10' x 10'. I'd keep the grid on there all the time but the light gray really doesn't work and I don't know how to change it. Anyway, the average range between you and the target right now is about 180'. It's ending up being about 2 range increments for the rifles and 3 for pistols (assuming far shot or a scope).

Because of the jungle, you can only move 10' in one move (or, a 30 move becomes a 10 move). That's one square per move action. Two for a double move, and four for a run. Going up or down an elevation uses up 10' worth. I'm counting diagonals as 20' every third square (or 40' to move three spaces diagonally) - not perfect but it's fine for now.

Oh, and I put Shadow Wolf on the map - you guys know there's something over there, but haven't confirmed whether it's your contact or not (though that is Wraith's suspiscion; no one has actually seen whatever it is yet, though).

Re: Silenced firearms
- We'll say there's an M82A3 and A4 that accept silencers for now. If it seems overpowered then I'll scale it back to only working with the single action version (M90 I believe).
- Zeus's handgun is not silenced - I don't see a silencer either in the rogue's gallery or in my hardcopy here.
- Whatever was fired at Wraith was not silenced.
- I'm thinking about adding the expanded suppressed/silenced rules from UMFA, but I'm not going to do any of that until after this mission is over.

Re: Radios
- Yeah, you're probably in radio range right now. I didn't really think that through too well, and I should've given Shadow Wolf the option to radio you (the rest of you didn't know she was there yet, so...).
- Oh well. We'll just say that there's a multitude of possible frequencies and encryptions, and you need to meet up face to face to 'synchronize' first (otherwise sending a 'broadband' transmission might be easily picked up). Not a perfect explanation, I know, but it'll work well enough and not disrupt what's happened so far. I don't know that she would have been able to dissaude you from attacking any more than Evac was ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads