• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Metal Joe / Black Ops d20 Modern - FULL!

Krizzel

First Post
perivas said:
I have an equipment question for all. I did not pick up a copy of UMFA. Is there another HMG in there, besides the M60 and the M2B? Thanks.

I haven't gotten it yet either (thanks to all those board games I bought :p ), but I plan to pick it up next time.

Also, when I get around to it, I'm planning to write up the 2015 version of the M2, which is designed to be carried and used by infantry.

Are you looking for something lighter?

perivas

First Post
Krizzel said:

Also, when I get around to it, I'm planning to write up the 2015 version of the M2, which is designed to be carried and used by infantry.

Cool Beans!

Krizzel said:

Are you looking for something lighter?

In a word, yes. I'm looking forward to carrying other items as well. I think I need it soon, in order to make the request and get the equipment for this mission. Right?

Krizzel

First Post
perivas said:

In a word, yes. I'm looking forward to carrying other items as well. I think I need it soon, in order to make the request and get the equipment for this mission. Right?

Don't worry too much about this mission. They're sending along a couple crates of extra stuff (plus the boat and hydrofoil) so you guys are going to have to make some kind of hidden base camp to leave things behind.

That said I'll try to take a look at my ideas again tonight. It probably won't be a whole heckuva lot lighter, but you'll gain a few pounds you could use for more ammo, some extra gear, etc. I should also mention that the M2, Barrett, and other longarms that use the 'big' round will probably get some limited armor-piercing ability. Not as much as an anti-tank weapon, but something that will rip through brick walls, light-skinned vehicles, etc.

Krizzel

First Post
Sorry guys, I got a day behind. I want to rev things up as soon as we get on the island (my next post). Anyway, here's the portable M2. Basically 5 lbs lighter, built with grips for carrying and fighting (ie, no need for a tripod). And it also now penetrates 5 points of hardness (as will the Barett Light Fifty). I might want to move that down later but I'd like to see how it works at five ;)

XM2a Heavy Machine Gun
Damage: 2d12
Critical: 20
Type: Ballistic
Range: 110’
ROF: A
Magazine: Linked (5 lbs / 100-round belt; +1 lbs if in box)
Size: Huge
Weight: 70 lbs
Purchase DC: 23
Restriction: Mil (+3)
Special: Ignores 5 points of hardness

The XM2 is an experimental version of the venerable M2HB. It is able to be carried and fired by a single soldier, from either standing or prone positions, without the aid of a tripod. To do this, the soldier must have a natural strength of at least 16, otherwise the weapon is too unwieldy and suffers a -2 to hit. In addition, anyone other than the group's designated machine gunner suffers a -2 to hit with the XM2. Both of these penalties stack together and with the non-proficiency penalty if applicable. With a tripod, only non-proficiency applies.

Krizzel

First Post
Okay, there are six crates of equipment, plus the self-contained pack that holds the rubber assault boat (basically a rubber raft with a motor). Five of the crates contain the pieces for the hydrofoil. The sixth contains your fatigues, whatever of your equipment wouldn't fit under your parachute packs, and some extra gear that's already been picked out.

This extra gear is as follows:
- 300 rounds of .50
- 200 rounds of 7.62mm
- 200 rounds of 5.56mm
- 300 rounds of 9mm
- 2 LAW rockets
- Beretta 92F with 2 extra magazines
- M4 with 2 extra magazines
- 10 thremite grenades
- 3 smoke grenades
- 10 lbs of C4
- 100' of det cord
- 2 wired detonators
- Medical kit
- 50 zip ties
- 2 sets of fatigues

There are 20 lbs of space left to fill with extra gear if you'd like. Between the seven of you you'll have to decide what you need.

perivas

First Post
My vote is for tear gas and gas masks. It might also be wise to bring nightvision goggles. But I think most of these items will have to be accomodated by personal encumbrance, rather than the 20 pounds available to us. I would not mind picking up some of the weight for more explosives...one quick way to get rid of evidence.

Krizzel

First Post
Hey Ashrem ;)

I will have an update for you tonight. Two days of mega-commuting and little sleep, plus one more of those days today, and I'm having a little trouble forming coherent thoughts. Should be free tomorrow though so I can stay up a while tonight.

Hmm well on second thought maybe I'll get something out before lunchtime. Where did I put my d20...?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads