• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Metal Joe / Black Ops d20 Modern - FULL!

Krizzel

First Post
Action Points:

Don't forget about these. I think I'm going to change what I gave you (from the full amount) to a starting amount of 20 (+1 per each level of an advanced class).

Let me know when you want to use one (I won't use it if you roll high enough to succeed anyway, or if it wouldn't let you succeed even with a 6). Would you like me to use them automatically on occasion (like I did for Wraith), or not?

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:
Action Points:

Don't forget about these. I think I'm going to change what I gave you (from the full amount) to a starting amount of 20 (+1 per each level of an advanced class).

Let me know when you want to use one (I won't use it if you roll high enough to succeed anyway, or if it wouldn't let you succeed even with a 6). Would you like me to use them automatically on occasion (like I did for Wraith), or not?

Hmm...I'm half/half for the whole thing, but I think I like not using the Action Points for me...but I'd have to see about that as we go into more battles. I haven't really tried using it yet.

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:

Hmm...I'm half/half for the whole thing, but I think I like not using the Action Points for me...but I'd have to see about that as we go into more battles. I haven't really tried using it yet.

The problem with it is that they can be used after you roll - so if you roll well, you don't have to use it up, and if you roll badly you get the choice. Hmm...that's not clear, well to refresh:

After any d20 roll, you can choose to spend one action point to roll a d6 and add it to your d20 result, for whatever skill, attack, etc. it was you were doing. You can normally only spend 1 per round.

I'm not sure how to use that and not have to ask after every roll whether people would like to use them or not :p If we come up with a good procedure I don't really mind what it is, though.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by Krizzel

Re: Silenced firearms
- We'll say there's an M82A3 and A4 that accept silencers for now. If it seems overpowered then I'll scale it back to only working with the single action version (M90 I believe).
- Zeus's handgun is not silenced - I don't see a silencer either in the rogue's gallery or in my hardcopy here.
- Whatever was fired at Wraith was not silenced.
- I'm thinking about adding the expanded suppressed/silenced rules from UMFA, but I'm not going to do any of that until after this mission is over.

ok, yeah I'll switch to the M90 if the M82A3 can't be silenced. No prob there.

I wasn't sure about the radio either, but she'd have it off never-the-less since she shouldn't be contacted them until they get to the rondevous point anyway. They do need to syncronize their radios b/c she doesn't know what frequency or encryption they might be using now (if their previous might be compromised)
So the radio contact wouldn't happen!

LOL how's that for a good IC explanation of why we forgot ;p

(yeah yeah..we were thinking ahead...we didn't just totally forget...no no....)

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
How about we tell you ahead of time when we post our actions that we want to use it for this particular roll if it applies?

That's fine with me. The only problem is what about rolls you don't know you're making - saves, spot checks, etc.?

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:

That's fine with me. The only problem is what about rolls you don't know you're making - saves, spot checks, etc.?

hmm...

guess it would depend on their importance...if making the roll would be critical to something -- spot an enemy, reflex save from being peppered with bullets...etc

Also to let people know

real-life is catching up fast, so for the next week or so I won't be able to post as often as I normally do unless i can get a few things done first

I'll try to post at least once a day on every thread and definitely at least once a day on the threads I DM.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Krizzel -> I'm cool with how you handled Wraith. Using the points automatically is fine, but I may occasionally request the use of them myself.

Also, I'm not going to bother revising my post about the sound of the M82. (Unless you really want me too.) Lets just assume it was the sound of the impact and the bullet cutting through the air that startled him.

Even if the muzzle blast is dampened, the sound of a 50cal cutting through the air will be much louder than something like the 7.62 ammo Wraith is using.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads