• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Problems, kept OOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Andion Isurand said:
I believe that most of Mayu's concerns involve her observation, that more and more people are tuning out vampires as a whole, without due consideration for each individual that plays one. I'd like to hear more about that.

Yes, seeing vampires shut down as a whole would be very disappointing. They are cool characters to play.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Mayu Amakura said:
Yes, seeing vampires shut down as a whole would be very disappointing. They are cool characters to play.
I agree, but I feel that vampiric characters should be played in the appropriate areas.

Perhaps that should be something that needs to be addressed with the MODS, so this won't continue to be an issue among RPers.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Yes, I would be willing to play another area with no problem. But for now the CRT is a suitible place beings how the CoC states they may come there as long as they do not flaunt their benefits of blood about. ^_^ And I do my best not to do that.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Unfortunately not all of the vampiric characters have players with high regards for the rules as you do.

Perhaps they will see you as an example and follow in your footsteps.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Willow_Calypso said:
Unfortunately not all of the vampiric characters have players with high regards for the rules as you do.

Perhaps they will see you as an example and follow in your footsteps.

I agree Willow. It would be nice to see everyone play by the rules. And allow me to apologize for my past statements, I tend to say things sometimes without thinking them over. ^_^

Willow_Calypso

First Post
No worries. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I take that into consideration whenever reading or replying to any form of messageboards. It is easy to get things misconstrued.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Vampires:

They can be in the Oerth setting...they just cannot be obvious about it...they cannot flaunt their nature in any way. No one should be able to tell by looking at them at any point. Period. This means no flashing fangs, no licking fangs, none of that sort of thing. Should be clear enough.

Other settings have different rules. As long as they are played according to the setting, they are fine.

However;

No one. Repeat: no one is required in any way to interact with any other character. Attempts to force people to do so either by repeated attacks, butting into conversation, or using the boards to try to garner enough opinion to push through are basically out of line. If no one wants to play with a specific character, then that player might consider another character.

Attacks without permission, continuing to interact after being told or asked to desist is on the harassment side of the line and will be dealt with as found. This is not Wizards...there are no endless chances and the CoC is as it is.

For those of you who do not want to be bothered by anyone/thing, use the ignore function. That is what it is for. Do not let people pressure the idea that it's somehow rude. Those who usually push that view the hardest are often the ones many people would love to ignore.

As has been said...this is a game. Not reality. However, your conduct is looked at in a very real way. We are assuming that you folks are intelligent and literate and here to play together. Which means of course, there are only three chances to muck up for anyone. Not nine, not six, not three cases of three...just three. And the first one can be considered the moment you agreed to abide by the CoC. So that leaves just two for those who rather like to be edgy.

Siani

defcarr

First Post
Silver,

Yes a newborne vampire, as well as vampires just a couple hundred years old, basically ashes instantly upon contact with sunlight technically. But there are also several vampires out there who, for example because a vamp named Ice offered Def one once, drink a potion and are immunte to Sunlight. It's also true even in the books that the older a vampire is, they develope sunlight tolerance. Defcarr isn't old enough to be completely immune, but is old enough that he can stand a few minutes in it. Smoking, tanned skin, deeply tanned skin, black skin that begins cracking, the next step would be ashing. I'm sure you're also aware that often in a fight IC time is much shorter than OOC time. OOC you're discussing technicalities, CoC, FoD, etc. IC it's kind of paused repeatedly as stuff is sorted out. I keep track of IC time to get a rough idea how long has passed. Add to that variables like undead healing and spells that heal undead, there you have a vampire lasting a bit longer under a sunlight spell to get in another hit or two. It's also in the books that some vampires when in mist form are not affected by sunlight, not to mention most spells. Defcarr is one of these, age and lvl making the decision there. He is a character created and rped under the rules of 2.0 edition AD&D.

I do my best to play him fairly yet with my own goals in mind. I welcome any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints regarding my rping ability and how I rp him.

Calypso:

1) Defcarr does not advertise the fact that he is a vampire. Technically he would kill his victims to solve any problems of the word getting out, but FoD prevents all victims from dying. Those who just met him have no idea he's a vampire (which surprises me at this point, I thought word had gotten around),

2) Can vampires mist? Check. Can vampires cast spells under certain conditions? Check. Can vampires summon wolves and such? Check. Can vampires fly, or spider-walk? Check. Can vampires have telepathy? Technically no, but with the proper artifact, yes. As far as I can tell, I am rping mine correctly. I have little say over how others rp their vampires, so I won't go there. But I do have some say over whether or not they join Darkness. One rule I put out is they have to be well played, and accurate according to whatever rule system they were created in.

Player of Defcarr.

Silver_Shulad

First Post
Alright, in sunlight vampire abilities are supressed completely, and if that is true, then why would a vampire be ashed in the sun light and not revert to a mist form automaticly?

In second Edition there is nothing that protects undead from vampires from sunlight, in third addition there are a few things, such as vampire lord template. Which i think is rediculous, the only real instant kill of the vampire and they take it away after he gaines one years of unlife. I understand the FoD and anyone can make anything item or potion do anything. I mean just the other day there was a guy on that had a rod that claimed it made 'all' celestials regardless of level completely powerless.. such an item would well one be gods made, and two not be floating around the tavern passing from vampire hand to vampire hand without a greater diety noticing and snatching it up right there. Yeah thats abit rediculous, and im not saying yours is as bad, but i can not see how a spell that says " Make a save or be destroyed " can just be ignored, its the effect of the spell, and is not abile to be supressed, and it specificly says vampires, not to mention its a 8th level spell one of the highest spells in the book.
I just cant see you taking away a bane of vampires, when they are so hard to kill anyhow.

Here ill drop down the abilities of a vampire so all can atleast know if they wish to play properly, and let them see the actual power that gets stacked onto all those character levels.

:::::
size and Type: The creature's type changes to undead. A vampire uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed: Same as the base creature. If the base creature has a swim speed, the vampire retains the ability to swim and is not vulnerable to immersion in running water (see below).

Armor Class: The base creature's armor bonus improves by +6.

Attack: A vampire retains all the attacks of the base creature and also gains a slam attack if it didn't already have one. (etc. etc.)

Damage: Slam attack damage is 1d6 if medium (unless base creature already has a better slam attack), adjusting for size change from there.

Special Attacks: Saves have a DC of 10 + 1/2 vampire's HD + vampyre's Cha modifier unless noted otherwise.

Blood Drain (Ex): The vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, inflicting 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each successful attack, the vampire gains 5 temorary hit points.

Dominate (Su): A vampire can crush an opponent's will just by looking into his or her eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except the vampire must use it as a standard action, and those merely looking at it are not affected. Anyone the vampire targets must succeed on a Will save or fall instantly under the vampire's influence as though by a 'dominate person' spell (caster level 12th). This ability is has a range of 30 ft. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Energy Drain (Su): Living creatures hit by a vampire's slam attack (or any other natural weapon the vampyre might possess) gain two negative levels. For each negative level bestowed, the vampire gains 5 temorary hit points. The save DC to remove a negative level is Charisma-based. A vampire can use its energy drain ability once per round.

Special Qualties:

Alternate Form (Su): As 'polymoprh' (caster level 12th), except only the shape of a bat, dire bat, wolf or dire wolf, can be assumed. The vampire does not regain hit points for changing form in this manner. The vampire loses its natural slam attack and dominate ability, but gains the natural attacks and extrordinary special attacks of its new form. It can remain in any of these forms until it assumes another, or until the next sunrise. If the vampire is not terrestrial (aquatic for example) this ability might allow a different set of forms.

Gaseous Form (Su): As a standard action, a vampire can assume 'gaseous form' at will, as the spell (caster level 5th), except that she can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Darkvision 60 ft.

Damage Reduction 10/magic and silver

Fast Healing (Ex): The vampire heals 5 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. When a vampire is reduced to zero it turns to mist, and then has a window of 2 hours to return to their coffen or be utterly destroyed. once they have rested for one hour in their coffin they return to 1hp and begin to heal normals. (While in mist form they can not be dropped below 0hp, also they can not cast with Somatic or vocal components, or use activation items, such as a teleport/planeshifting item. This means after a vampire is reduced to 0hp unless its coffin is on the same realm, it is destroyed, as it can not cross planes to get to the coffin within to hours, ****and as for second edition, if a vampire is in mist form, spells can not effect it, so outside help from an allie can not send the vampire back to it home realm. ****)
Resistances (Ex): Cold and electricity resistance 10

Spider Climb (Ex): A vampire can climb sheer surfaces as though with a 'spider climb' spell.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A vampire has +4 turn resistance.

Abilities: +6 Str, +4 Dex, -- Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha

Skills: Vampires have a +8 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot.

Feats: Vampires gain Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initative and Lightning Reflexes, assuming the base creature meets the prerequistes and doesn't already have these feats.

Level Adjustment: +8

Everyone says they play fair or try to even the snerts, and the god moders in their mind think they are being fair. Does not mean they are, or arnt.. its all in the mind of who you fight. ~_^

Dontella

First Post
*Sighs*

I think that there was once a point to this thread, sadly it seems to have gotten lost.

Any and all arguments, are basically moot points. As let's face it, the whole subject is a mere matter of opinion.

Person 1 says, "You can not ignore me just because I RP something evil."

Person 2 says, "I can ignore anyone I want to."

And then the whole thing gets into a mess and people attempt to define what rules and standards of play folks should follow.. AD&D, or another system..

There is no right answer, there is no wrong answer. But there are Setting Rules, and ISRP guidelines which all persons entering the ISRP rooms agree to abide by.

AD&D or no, ISRP has rules and regulations that we all accept when we first sign on with any new SN.

Rules like: Vampires must be in disguise when Visiting Oerth, Ford's Keep and the CrossRoads Tavern.

Rules like: Freedom of Destiny, in which each individual player must decide for him or herself, how, and with whom their characters will interact.

Simply put, the following is the summation:

Yes, you can play Vampires, so long as they are in disguise. However, No one has to interact with you.

People ignore or chose not to interact with characters for a variety of reasons. Perhaps they are busy, perhaps they don't notice you. Maybe they have personal reasons for not engaging with you, maybe they had a past bad experiance. Maybe they just really think your style of RP isn't their thing.

Simply play with those who will, but do not insult those who do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads