[OOC] Psionicle

Jarval

Explorer
Um, yikes! That's one nifty item we've got there. Of course, with my Charisma being of all of 8, it's not going to be much use to me :)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
So, this "Crystal of Telepathy" gives free use of Daze, Distract, Missive, Telempathic PRojection, Attraction, Charm Person, Conceal Thoughts, Demoralize, Disable, Empathy, Lesser Mindlink, and Sense Link at will? Groovy...

And it grants 1 Psionic Combat, Item Creation or Metapsionic Feat, eh? I think the Crystal shall give Nathan the PErsistent Power Metapsionic feat (being an extension of the Extend Power Metapsionic feat he already possesses).

Needless to say, it would be very... precious... to him... ;)

Jarval

Explorer
Gnome, would it be alright if I changed Jansson's power progression a little? I'd like to take the Chrysalis power from If Thoughts Could Kill instead of Bite of the Wolf. Is this OK?

Jarval

Explorer
Treasure found in the 'Kreen tunnels

I've had a look back through parts III and IV. I think this list covers all the treasure we found, although it might be worth checking it.

'Kreen with the bag of gems:

Amethyst (120 gp)*
Moss Agate (8 gp)*
Blue Quartz (12 gp)
Golden Yellow Topaz (620 gp)
Obsidian (7 gp)
Jade (96 gp)
Moonstone (46 gp)
Rose Quartz (53 gp)
Black Pearl (550 gp)
Amber (35 gp)

* These stones are psionic: Amethyst - Daze (0th); Moss Agate - Control Object (1st), Cone of Sound (3rd). IIRC, Syld has both of these.

The two 'Kreen just before the gem caverns:

You collect 3 gems of unknown value, one of which is clear, one is yellow, and one is a dark green.

The 'Kreen Jirlai killed:

23 gp 9 sp

This adds up to a total of 4375 gp, not counting the unidentified gems and the two psionic gems.

Zhure

First Post
weeeeeeeee, we're rich! :)

Who wants to play "banker" and do the divvying? Hopefully someone with trade-related skills or a good Charisma. (Not it.)

dkoz

First Post
From my notes Desimus has picked up:

oblong clear faceted gem with a clouded center
cracked green cubic gem
hollow stone gem with purple crystals inside

These are the ones Jarval mentioned from "The two 'Kreen just before the gem caverns: "

Desimus has a +6 Diplomacy so he might be able to get a good price for all of these items.

Just a quick note, I will be leaving gone on an extended business trip from May 23 to July 7. I will not have internet access, but I will have limited e-mail so if someone is willing to work as a intermediary between me and the board I can still give some input. Otherwise I will turn Desimus over to Gnome as an NPC until I return.

dkoz

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
Gnome, would it be alright if I changed Jansson's power progression a little? I'd like to take the Chrysalis power from If Thoughts Could Kill instead of Bite of the Wolf. Is this OK?

Unfortunately, I don't own ITCK. If you could post the power or give me a quick overview of mechanics, then I might okay it, but I'll have to see it first.

As for switching out powers in your progression lists - that's fine. They're not set in stone, from my perspective. So long as you don't mess with the powers you've already learned, it's fine with me.

Jarval

Explorer
Chrysalis
Metacreativity (Int)
Level: Psion 1/Psychic Warrior 1
Display: Visable (see text)
Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 10 minutes/level or until discharged
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)
Power Points: 1
You create a crystalline coating around the subject like a second layer of skin. The chrysalis grants resistance to blows, cuts, stabs, and slashes. The subject gains damage reduction 1/-. (It ignores the first point of damage each time it takes any regardless of the attack's enhancement bonus; magical or psionic attacks bypass the reduction.) Once the chrysalis has prevented 10 points of damage per manifester level (maximum 150 points), it is discharged.
At manifester levels 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th, the damage reduction increases to 2/-, 3/-, 4/-, and 5/-, but the maximum damage that cam be absorbed remains 150.
The damage reduction granted by chrysalis does not stack with damage reduction conferred by other sources or from multiple manifestations.

I only got ITCK a couple of days ago myself, so that kind of prompted me to go and have a look over Jansson's powers. What do you think?

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
dkoz said:
Just a quick note, I will be leaving gone on an extended business trip from May 23 to July 7. I will not have internet access, but I will have limited e-mail so if someone is willing to work as a intermediary between me and the board I can still give some input. Otherwise I will turn Desimus over to Gnome as an NPC until I return.

I'd offer to help out, but I might be away at about the same time :(

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval - The power looks okay to me. Go ahead and put it into your progression list.

This power has become an accepted power IMC. Thus, anyone else interested in taking it, may put it into their progression list.

Remove ads