[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Quickleaf

Legend
Ok I rolled my HP, Hit Points: 2d8+4 15.

One other question using the Worlds Without Numbers method would you just reroll for 2nd level HD and up then add max for first on each new level? I just ask because if you re-roll everything including 1st level then it does not work to take that method. I looked it up and at second level you only have a 50% chance to beat your 1st level HP.
Here's how it works:

At 1st level you have 10 hit points (artificer with Con +2).

At 2nd level, you opt to do the WWN roll for Hit Points. You roll 2d8+4. Let's say you get a total of 9. Because that's less than your current maximum Hit Points of 10, you would just add 1+CON mod to your hit points. So you'd add 3 hit points, bringing your HP to 13.

At 3rd level, you opt to do the WWN roll for Hit Points again. You roll 3d8+6. Let's say you get a total of 18. Because that is greater than your current HP, your new Hit Points become 18.

Basically, it's a way to have a little old school variability, but it causes really bad rolls to even out in the long run, so (if you can keep your PC alive long enough) you don't get totally screwed by one or two bad rolls over the length of a game spanning several levels.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maybe open IC post and post the intro so we can interact a bit before the game starts? i.e. put us in a tavern or something :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ok I rolled my HP, Hit Points: 2d8+4 15.

One other question using the Worlds Without Numbers method would you just reroll for 2nd level HD and up then add max for first on each new level? I just ask because if you re-roll everything including 1st level then it does not work to take that method. I looked it up and at second level you only have a 50% chance to beat your 1st level HP.
Lucky! I got 12 - each level you have only 50% chance to get above 50% hp

Quickleaf

Legend
Maybe open IC post and post the intro so we can interact a bit before the game starts? i.e. put us in a tavern or something :)
I'm still figuring out where to start you! There are Ten Towns to choose from, each with different feels and quests and proximities.

I was going to going to try to read everyone's backstories and cross-reference PCs to each other (since I know players rarely do this) looking for connection points & also cross-reference PCs to the adventure to see if a best starting location jumps out at me.

Hopefully I'll have a better feel by Wednesday, then I can post an IC (in-character) thread after that to let you have some free roleplaying time.

Quickleaf

Legend
random 1d10 :D
Don't tempt a lover of random tables ;) Got some PCs from the southwestern area, some from the coastal northwest, so starting point is probably going to be Bryn Shander, but got to finish reading the quests to see which is more interesting / better written & look for points to start tying in your PCs.

Quickleaf

Legend
@Steve Gorak How are you doing with those rough old school rolls and the stuff we chatted about? Need any help with character creation?

Edit: @Aethmud Got your character ability rolls here: CoyoteCode Dice Roller

Also, question for everyone, does it help in PbP if the GM's posts use colored text? If so, which color? (I typically use Dark Mode)

ENWorld used to put GM posts with a yellow background in PbP so players could easily distinguish, but looks like we no longer have that feature.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
I use Light mode. What colors are available?
This is gonna be a fun post...

Greenfields
Evergreen
Moonlight
Goldenrod
Cerulean
Teal
Tangerine Sunset
Titian
Icewind
Rime
Persimmon
Bloodied Shield
Bluecoat
Indigo Skies
Rust Monster
Vampire
Purpure
Aurora (i can barely see this)
Steel
Iron
Black Ice (pushing it, but somewhat visible in Dark Mode)
Midnight (i can barely see this)
Taupe/White-ish
Default?
Warm Grey
Jet Black (i cannot see this)
Blinding Blizzard

Remove ads