[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @Quickleaf!

How have you been? I'm still here, and interested in this game!
I feel like playing a gish, Hexblade or mabe a cleric. Do you have any preference?
Likely a goliath, but a Levistus thiefling looks tempting.
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this kind of interest level! :geek: Let me think a moment... I recall there being some player attrition in my old PbPs, so I'm ok pushing the player limit up a bit more than I usually would around a table. My main concern is how to smooth action scenes so it's not a drag waiting for everyone to take a turn...

...I think I can handle 8 players, but that's probably the upper limit in terms of both keeping folks' stories straight & logistics (I'm going to tweak initiative so people don't get stuck waiting for everyone to take their turn for PbP)

Is there room still? I'm game. I'm thinking a crazy Texan Warlockwho uses his rod like a revolver to shoot his eldritch blasts. Can we use the One DND playtest?
Warlock spellslinger is a fun character concept. Yeah, I'm ok with folks using the One DND playtest stuff, just let me know, and in the unlikely event something in the playtest material really isn't working we can always adjust things.

This looks great and the PDFs are really impressive!

Would there be room for a Warlock? Probably Fiend or Great Old One.

I favor classes that don't require memorizing/keeping track of a ton of abilities and the Faustian bargain variant rule seems good for both mechanics and roleplaying.
Thanks! Took many years to assemble from my notes.

Yeah, either of those patrons would fit the campaign nicely.

Hey @Quickleaf!

How have you been? I'm still here, and interested in this game!
I feel like playing a gish, Hexblade or mabe a cleric. Do you have any preference?
Likely a goliath, but a Levistus thiefling looks tempting.
Cheers,

SG
Hey Steve, good to see you still on here. I've been hanging in – some rough waters recently, but hopefully things will get better soon. How about you?

Ah, shoots, I've actually got 3 of 5 homebrew classes done, but the Swordmage is one of the ones I haven't finished yet. Goliath or Levistus tiefling would be a great fit.

Ok! Let me jot down folks who've expressed interest...
That's 8 so far. I think I'm going to close it there.

There's possibly one more friend from Discord, so I want to give them the chance to migrate here.

Then we can get to creating the party and talking about our game preferences. If have questions for me, either about the campaign, or about my GMing, or whatever, I'll try to get to them in a timely way - definitely if we have not played together before that GM Bio in the first post should give a pretty fair snapshot.

happylace

Explorer
Hey this is Lace from discord. If you've still got room, I'm interested in maybe doing a Light Cleric or a Warlock. Though your Sorc miscast table is veeery tempting. I'm not married to any concept though, so I'd be willing to fill in whatever party gap.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey this is Lace from discord. If you've still got room, I'm interested in maybe doing a Light Cleric or a Warlock. Though your Sorc miscast table is veeery tempting. I'm not married to any concept though, so I'd be willing to fill in whatever party gap.
Glad to see you made it here, Lace! You're good, I pushed us up to ~8 players.

I'll let everyone pitch character concepts... I'd like to finalize our party roster by next Wednesday, 5/17, midnight PST if that seems reasonable.

Some early ideas that folks have expressed...
Dang, you folks like your warlocks, don't you? ;) Good thing about party this size is that you can pretty much be whatever you want!

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, I’ve been dying to try the new Warlock playtest. I’ll take some time to make a character sheet, though it’ll take a bit since the One Dnd playtest isn’t on dnd beyond yet. Also means imma HAVE to go with a Fiend Warlock, since that’s all the playtest has. But that’s ok. Just means I’ll be toasty warm in the ice.

Quickleaf

Legend
Yeah, I’ve been dying to try the new Warlock playtest. I’ll take some time to make a character sheet, though it’ll take a bit since the One Dnd playtest isn’t on dnd beyond yet. Also means imma HAVE to go with a Fiend Warlock, since that’s all the playtest has. But that’s ok. Just means I’ll be toasty warm in the ice.
Yeah, I never let myself get spoiled by DNDBeyond ;) but I know some folks swear by it.

When you do the sheet, let me know if there's a specific Fiend you're leaning toward (or if it's up to me), and also what Character Secret you rolled/selected.

Will be interesting how many folks are pacted to fiends when the dust settles...

Oh, one thing about the playtest stuff – I am NOT allowing the bonus feats granted by playtest backgrounds.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Yeah, I never let myself get spoiled by DNDBeyond ;) but I know some folks swear by it.

When you do the sheet, let me know if there's a specific Fiend you're leaning toward (or if it's up to me), and also what Character Secret you rolled/selected.

Will be interesting how many folks are pacted to fiends when the dust settles...

Oh, one thing about the playtest stuff – I am NOT allowing the bonus feats granted by playtest backgrounds.
If the One DND Warlock's an option then I'll be going for it as well, so it looks like 2 Fiend pact Warlocks at least.

What kind of build are you going for @tglassy ? That way we at least can try to have our characters focus on different things.

tglassy

Adventurer
Mine will be a Cowboy. So, Eldritch Blast all the way. I’ll prolly go with the Familiar for some scouting/roll play stuffs.

We could link our characters and have the same patron. Just an idea.

Remove ads