• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Shackled City Gestalt Campaign (Full)

rangerjohn

Explorer
jeremy_dnd said:
I really like your character concept, and would like to add you to the campaign. If you could please expand on your character's background (and even physical description, if you like), then I will gladly add you to the player list. :D

Done. If that is not enough, could you give an idea of what you are looking for?

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I think we're just about ready. Soon, I will be posting the introductory post on the Playing the Game messageboards. It will be titled Shackled City: A Gestalt Campaign. A few things, though, before we officially begin.

First, I would like to ask permission to expand on your character's backstories during play. Introduce acquaintances, expand on histories, etc. I will never make something up completely out of the blue, or deny anything to your character, but I simply wanted to ask each of you first.

Second, as I mentioned before, I would like this campaign to be story-like, even carry a novel quality to it. To maintain this, I would request everyone to write in the same format. Mainly, third person narrative, past tense. Please use color to express thoughts and dialogue and italics for internal thoughts.

Third, a note concerning everone's gestalt sorcererous powers: they are unique. The "Sorcerer," per se, does not exist in the campaign world (although wizards do). Magic comes from only two sources, the divine (via gods or nature) or the arcane (through study or music). The idea of "magic from within" is an entirely foreign concept, possibly even abhorrent.

Each of your characters recognize they have a unique ability to manipulate magic. When your character began to manifest their powers is up to you. How they have dealt with it, hidden it, or flaunted it is up to you as well. But gestalts and sorcerers are definitely not the norm.

Fourth, if you did not have enough time to create a character, feel free to keep up with the game, both on the PbP thread and this OOC one. If anyone drops out, I would like to keep my eyes open for alternate players.

Fifth, who needs a fifth?! :) All players, please let me know if everything sounds good to you. Feel free to ask any questions, and I will try my best to answer and clarify. As soon as I get confirmation back from everyone, we may begin!

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
I think we're just about ready. Soon, I will be posting the introductory post on the Playing the Game messageboards. It will be titled Shackled City: A Gestalt Campaign. A few things, though, before we officially begin.

First, I would like to ask permission to expand on your character's backstories during play. Introduce acquaintances, expand on histories, etc. I will never make something up completely out of the blue, or deny anything to your character, but I simply wanted to ask each of you first.

Sure, go ahead.

Second, as I mentioned before, I would like this campaign to be story-like, even carry a novel quality to it. To maintain this, I would request everyone to write in the same format. Mainly, third person narrative, past tense. Please use color to express thoughts and dialogue and italics for internal thoughts.

Are we all using the same color or do you want us to use different colors for readability?

Third, a note concerning everone's gestalt sorcererous powers: they are unique. The "Sorcerer," per se, does not exist in the campaign world (although wizards do). Magic comes from only two sources, the divine (via gods or nature) or the arcane (through study or music). The idea of "magic from within" is an entirely foreign concept, possibly even abhorrent.

Each of your characters recognize they have a unique ability to manipulate magic. When your character began to manifest their powers is up to you. How they have dealt with it, hidden it, or flaunted it is up to you as well. But gestalts and sorcerers are definitely not the norm.

Shall we amend character histories for this or just leave them as is?

Erekose13

Explorer
jeremy_dnd said:
I see the post is already up :) just let us know when you want us to start posting over there.

First... sure no problems here. Let me know if you want me to expand on it myself and if you want us to work together to include one another in our backgrounds. I mentioned I think that Polaris has been adventuring with the others for quite a while. I can change that if you prefer us to come together over the course of the introduction.

Second... sounds good. If we get to pick our own colors I choose deepskyblue. If not just let us know. I do have a request though from the others if we are choosing our own. Please no dark colors. I have trouble with the colours that blend into the background while at work (sun shine almost directly onto my screen making things difficult to read).

Third... yeah what Ghostknight said, Do you want us to add this to our backgrounds? Sounds like a great hook to me :)

Think that covers it, Polaris is ready any time.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
oh i thought of another question. did you want to open up a Rogues Gallery thread for this game, its a nice way to keep all the characters together in one place, uncluttered by the ooc chatter.

Vargo

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:

I would be offended if you did not. :D Play me like a harp.

Second, as I mentioned before, I would like this campaign to be story-like, even carry a novel quality to it.

I'll do my best. I'm a little rusty at my creative writing, but I'll ham it up.

Remove ads