• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Twisted Infinity

Pyrex

First Post
There was some discussion in the other thread but I'm not sure it ever got answered.

Wrahn, additional powers in items: x1.5 or x2?

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
There was some discussion in the other thread but I'm not sure it ever got answered.

Wrahn, additional powers in items: x1.5 or x2?

x1.5 I am still not sure I like it, but there it is in the errata and I thought I should probably give it a whirl. I had ammended the character creation rules but should have posted something more.

Thanks for pointing that our Ferrix.

Pyrex

First Post
Wrahn, how about whipping us up a thread in the Rogue's Gallery?

Dimitri has been finished and reposted.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
What spells are you planning on Twinning?

Kind of curious as I've never found Twin to be all that good. I'd almost always rather cast a 9th level spell (or Empowered 7th) instead of a Twinned 5th.

Someone

Adventurer
Enervation to start with. Scorching Ray and Fireball, if I´m low of 9th level slots to cast Meteor Swarm. But I´m looking forward: with 10th level slots it´s possible to twin Greater Dispel Magic and cast Twin Empowered Enervation. If I get a greater rod of maximize, that could mean Twin Maximized Empowered Enervation. That´s... like 11 negative levels, on average *drools*

Pyrex

First Post
I'm definately with you on the Twin Greater Dispel, but given the wide differences of opinion on the subject we should probably get Wrahn to chime in on how Empower and/or Maximize interact with Twin.

Here's another silly question not covered by the rules: If you Twin say, Fireball, can you seperately apply Mastery of Elements (and headache=on Mastery of Shaping) to each of the two Fireballs (setting, fer ex, one to Sonic and one to Acid)?

One more note: Given your focus on combat magic, you should consider picking up at least one spell that doesn't allow for SR. (Summon, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, etc)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads