OOTS 369 is up...

Wilphe

Adventurer
Well the result of the "Who out of Miko and RedCloak is higher level than the OOTS" looks about to be determined...

It also appears that Redcloak is famous, enough for Miko to recognise him and a use a unique moniker anyway.

Nyeshet

First Post
I don't think that Redcloak is famous so much as his Mantle is famous. She called him 'the bearer of the Crimson Mantle'. That suggests to me that the mantle Redcloak wears may be a minor artifact or some similarly impressive magic item - something so distinct that a member of the Sapphire Guard would recognize it on sight and perhaps know a bit of its lore. It would seem from what she's said that the mantle has some significance among the clerics of some evil deity - perhaps a magic item typically worn by the high priest or some other distinguished figure.

On another note, I found it amusing that Xycon (or whatever the lich's name is) not only is not helping - he's betting against his chief follower. I'm guessing that the lich is correct - after a long(ish) battle Miko will win, but then - weakened - she will face Xycon. Perhaps she will then die, but I'm guessing something will happen that will allow her to escape. Or maybe she will be taken prisoner. As a member of the Sapphire Guard she likely knows quite a bit about the defenses of the city and especially around the Gate itself.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Holy crap!

Two main characters come face to face and it's on...and updates on a daily basis too.

Wow!

--Steve

frankthedm

First Post
I sence a disturbance in the farce.

Things lookabout as bad for redcloak than they did for Count Dooku in Ep3. Miko has little hope against Xykon, having used up most of her smites and because her weapons don't overcome lich DR. Xykon, likes having minions to expend though, so if she kills redcloak, Xykon will at least animate her if she does not get away. Perhaps mr. shadow has the Spawn[su] ability.

Miko's HP.
-65 at least taken off for making the will save for harm, made the forts save for massive damage as well.

+XX from lay on hands.

-35HP for the average damage on a saved against destruction. Which also disarmed her... I could imagine she drops at ther start of the next comic, having used that PHB2 feat that gives you one last round.

Last edited:

morbiczer

First Post
I still think this encounter will sooner or later lead to the fall of Miko and her becoming either a blackguard or some sort of undead death knight.

Poor Miko.

MarkB

Legend
frankthedm said:
I sence a disturbance in the farce.

Things lookabout as bad for redcloak than they did for Count Dooku in Ep3. Miko has little hope against Xykon, having used up most of her smites and because her weapons don't overcome lich DR.
Monk levels, remember? So long as she's at least a 4th level monk, her hands are deadly weapons where Xykon's concerned.

Glyfair

Explorer
Nyeshet said:
On another note, I found it amusing that Xycon (or whatever the lich's name is) not only is not helping - he's betting against his chief follower.

Well, he has always been the archtype of the mastermind who only cares for his followers as much as they help him.

Klaus

First Post
MarkB said:
Monk levels, remember? So long as she's at least a 4th level monk, her hands are deadly weapons where Xykon's concerned.
I was just about to post that.

And maybe she's using the Complete Divine turn undead variant.

Or Ascetic Knight, so her paladin and monk levels stack for unarmed damage and smite evil.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases