• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 541

jeffh

Adventurer
Oh yeah, I meant to ask - is that last panel referring to something from one of the books Rich Berlew contributed to? That would be my guess as to why a certain line is supposed to be funny.

SPoD

First Post
jeffh said:
Oh yeah, I meant to ask - is that last panel referring to something from one of the books Rich Berlew contributed to? That would be my guess as to why a certain line is supposed to be funny.

Yeah, the Acidborn Shark is in Dungeonscape, which Rich co-authored with Jason Buhlman. Presumably, it was one of Rich's contributions.

Deekin

Adventurer
jeffh said:

Yeah, the Acid-breathing creature template is from Dungeonscape-A D&D Supplement by
Jason Bulmahn and Rich Burlew

Kelleris

Explorer
Ah yes, the acidborn monster template. That had to have been one of Rich's. I crack up every time I remember the intro blurb - "When a dungeon builder needs a deterrent, the only thing better than a giant pit of acid is a giant pit of acid with a shark in it. Until recently, this dream could not be realized..."

Man, I didn't know what my life was missing until I read that. It's worth it for the implied backstory alone! :D

Remove ads