OotS 541

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Man, some of you guys are a friggin' tough audience! ;)

Whether Rich was involved in making acid-breathing sharks or not, I thought it was funny because of the goofy shiz that has always been a part of D&D - kind of like when they had that chamber of 1E Fiend Folio monsters early in the strip.

SPoD

First Post
Reveille said:
Is it me or is the quality of the strips deteriorating?

It's you. Which is not to suggest that there aren't others that agree with you, merely that it is certainly not a universally held truth.

I thought the last five strips "on the road" were great, but then, I thought Belkar killing a gnome was funny, and some other people thought it was an affront to all that is good and true in the world. Generally, any thread discussing any OOTS strip will include all of the following opinions:

1.) This strip didn't move the plot enough.
2.) THis strip had too much plot in it.
3.) This strip was hilarious.
4.) This strip wasn't funny at all.
5.) This was the best strip in ages.
6.) This was the worst strip in ages.
7.) Meh.

So yeah, opinions vary widely and there is no consensus on OOTS' current quality, largely because there's no consensus on what OOTS should be in the first place.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I hate myself for laughing, given all the poor crap that paladin has been through, but I couldn't help myself. :)

rossik

Explorer
quick doubt:

i read oots a long time ago, and i have no idea where i leave it.

is there any "arc" you would recomend it to re-start? (if there is such thing

rossik said:
quick doubt:

i read oots a long time ago, and i have no idea where i leave it.

is there any "arc" you would recomend it to re-start? (if there is such thing
Well, I'd suggest going back and reading from the beginning, but here are some relatively recent places you could start at.

The current plot arc began at 485: Azure City has fallen to Xykon and his goblinoid legions, Roy is dead, the Order of the Stick is scattered, and with three gates destroyed the Snarl is getting closer to being freed.

Miko's fall from Paladinhood began when she killed her liege in strip 406, it was revoked by the gods shortly thereafter and she was thrown in the dungeon.

Strip 401 was specifically the conclusion of a lot of long-running plotlines (and Roy's shock at waking up one morning at realizing how much happened that night while he was asleep in the inn). Haley's aphasia was cured, the Linear Guild had been captured, and Elan had escaped from prison.

The Snarl was explained during their trial in Azure City starting at 273 as a series of flashbacks to the creation of the world.

The OotS arrived in Azure City in 260.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Relique du Madde said:
You can do it, Mr Stiffly! I believe in you!

heheh.

</Refrains from making an obvious comment about the last panel.>
Loved that line, too! Any bets on whether Mr. Stiffly, er O-chul, is still paralyzed? Or how many times he's been raised?

Remove ads