Oots 636

robertliguori

First Post
and then the pact guys take control of V for the time V agreed.
V kills own family.

edit: thereby selling his family out for the power.
lesson learned the hard way

Ah, but they get V's soul, not his body. Specifically, they get to have V's soul in each of their presences for an equivalent amount of time that the Splice was maintained.

Besides, I really don't think that the Trio care about V's family. I think that if they do manage to wrest control, they're going to make a beeline for the nearest unguarded Gate, and try to beat Xykon at his own game.

Kaodi

Hero
Even if the dragon were to fail her saving throw, and take maximum damage, I imagine she still has enough HP to survive the opening volley. I think one of the reasons for leaving it on that frame is that Quickened Disintegrate uses a 10th level spell slot... In the next panel, I bet V is going to break out the epic level spells, hehehe...

HandofMystra

First Post
Has anyone noticed that the last two strips were named after Rolling Stones songs. I imagine a Sympathy for Devil reference will be coming at some point

wolff96

First Post
That look said, "What kind of a dumbass throws a Fort save against a dragon?"

Honestly, I wondered about that myself. Apparently, soul-splicing doesn't allow reasoned tactics... There's got to be an epic-level version of a Dexterity-draining necromancy available in there somewhere! ;)

Realistically, though, I expect to see the dragon horribly hurt after that volley. Then the battle is truly joined, with the dragon just trying to survive -- and when V is triumphant and the dragon is dying, she takes her final breath to draw V's attention to his family. Which will have been, of course, killed as collateral damage by the spells that V tossed at the dragon.

Dragon dies, family dies, V gets cranked to maximum level of angst. And hopefully learns his/her damn lesson and gets back together with the party -- probably in the hopes of getting Durkon to Raise his family.

I love OotS, but MAN does Rich need to get the party back together, Roy back from the dead, and get the thing rolling again. Not that I don't keep reading anyway...

Remove ads