Opinion On Daemonforge Reths

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Burned, I'm on my way out for a few hours, but I'll check em when I return.....a cursory look turned up the following though:

Dag-Reth (Small Monstrous Humanoid)

* Initiative bonus is wrong; should be +4 (Dex)

* AC is wrong; should be 16 (+1 size, +4 Dex, +1 leather armor). Also I would remove the reference to breastplate as this is a type of armor and confuses the matter with leather armor; just say "leather" or "leather armor."

* Saves should be Fort +0, Ref +9, Will +5

* Face/Reach is wrong; should be 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft

* Attack bonus should be +2 melee (+2 bab, +1 size, -1 Str) and +7 ranged (+1 size, +4 Dex, +2 bab).

* Damage for short sword should be 1d6-1

* Skill points are off; it should have a total of 28. Subtracting all ability bonuses from you have listed only has a total of 9 skill points. Also, don't forget to add the +4 size bonus to the monster's Hide skill (see the PHB, Hide skill for the explanation).

* Monstrous humanoids get 1 + Int modifier feats, so this guy should have another feat.

* I would set the CR to 1. There is really nothing that warrants it to be CR 2.

* Alignment should be EITHER "Always" or "Usually", but not both.

* Climate/Terrain is incomplete. You have Temperate listed, but temperate what? Temperate forest? Temperate hills? Need to add terrain to your listing.

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
KAL-RETH

* Attack bonus should be +8 melee (+4 bab, +5 Str, -1 size); also the 2 claws should be at the same +8 bonus unless it attacks with its claws in the same round. In that case, remove the word "or" put in a comma, and make it +3 melee

* If it attacks with its sword and claws in the same round, the damage bonus for its claws should be +2, not +5.

* Saves should be Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +4

* Without the Ride-By Attack feat, this guy cannot use his Spirited Charge feat. Monsters, like PCs, must meet the prerequisites for feats.

* Skill points total should be 18; this guys skills are off quite a bit.

* Climate/Terrain should follow the format in the MM.

* Alignment should be either "Always" or "Usually", but not both.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
CAR_RETH

* Initiative bonus is wrong; should be +2

* AC is wrong; should be +2

* Saves are wrong; should be Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2

* Skill points should total 40 without ability modifiers.

* Should have a total of 5 feats (1 + Int bonus)

* Climate/Terrain is wrong; should follow the format of the MM

* Alignment should be "Always" or "Usually", but not both.

* If it casts its spell-like abilities as a wizard, then they must be prepared from a spellbook. I think this should be changed to sorcerer (and the save DC should be 11 + spell level).

BM, I thought you guys had gotten the updated and rules-checked Reths I'd polished up. I'm at work now, but tomorrow I can email the file to . . . who? I fixed (I think) all the rules errors.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
RangerWickett said:
BM, I thought you guys had gotten the updated and rules-checked Reths I'd polished up. I'm at work now, but tomorrow I can email the file to . . . who? I fixed (I think) all the rules errors.

send them to me: bd_92@yahoo.com I will upload them..let's just say after today (friday) i have allot of time on my hands m-f...welcome to the dot bomb...

Remove ads