• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Opinions on True20

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
I switched my group away from D20 Modern and to True20. Why? The system really is a very streamlined version of D20 and its flexible enough to accommodate any genre you throw at it. Our results have been satisfactory - faster combat, which means more progress in each gaming session.

I just have to shout out at David Jarvis. I keep bumping into his stuff and finding myself liking it quite a bit. The Bloodthrone setting is very good if you like dark fantasy. I also recently started up a True20 Darwin's World game, and didn't even realize until after the first session that I was using his Lost Paradise supplement for it. Reality Deviant is one of the few small companies that has me actively watching their release schedule.

Heya Darrin,
True20 must be pretty good for you to switch from d20 Modern, given your credits w/ d20 Apocalypse for you to switch your home campaign to True20 Darwin's World that says alot.
Do you have any session logs posted from your DW Campaign? Any reviews regarding True20 Darwin's World?
Thanks,
Bill

Nellisir

Hero
Scurvy_Platypus said:
Somehow BR caught me where True20 didn't.
I've got Blue Rose and True20, and I had much the same feeling for a long time.

In my case, it is almost entirely the presentation. I cannot say how much I hate the sterile, soulless, sans serif appearance of the True20 books. I've come to like the rules, but the books? Ugh.

TheLe

First Post
zacharythefirst said:
I really hope that with the license being thrown open, more and more products for it emerge. There are already some folks doing good work with it, including HinterWelt with Roma Imperious True 20, Expeditious Retreat with Nevermore, Paizo cross-supporting some of their products with it, and of course, Green Ronin continuing to support it with good supplements (there are a growing number of companies providing support for it--I named just a few for starters).

Assuming the new licensing is not too restrictive, I fully plan on producing products for True20 later this year. I've already hired a writer a retainer, so I'm just waiting for the license agreement now.

It's an exciting time at The Le Games.

`Le

Garet44

First Post
Can anyone point out where to find their alternates to the damage save. A friend and I spent hours trying to make true 20 work. In the end we gave up because of the damage track. Also are they revising the new True 20 book or just correcting stuff?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
One of the most popular alternatives to the core damage track is found here. Most people like the idea of the toughness save but dislike the mechanics of the True20 damage track (which is officially clarified here).

The Second Printing is the same book, but with all errata written into the rules, as well as the sample settings replaced with the True20 Companion supplement. I believe the new printing will be soft cover to keep the costs down, though I may be misremembering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads