Optimization help for Warlock/Ur-Priest

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
I will definitely look at the Binder class! Uncle, Uncle! ;) Where do you find the Strongheart Vest soulmeld? (My DM is very RAW but I'm not sure he'd allow DR to apply, particularly since I that ability of the Hellfire Warlock says it won't function for someone without con or who is immune to Con damage.)

The soulmeld is in Magic of Incarnum. It's not literally DR for ability damage, it just reduces any ability damage you'd take. I'm quite a RAW DM as well, and I allow it just fine--reducing ability damage doesn't make you immune to ability damage, any more than a barbarian's DR 1/-- makes him immune to hit point damage.

Ryfte

First Post
21st level feat selection...

I noticed that you're allowed to take the warlock epic feats...

Shadowmaster is by far the most useful epic feat there effectively giving you unlimited summoning with all the summoning spells from level 1 to 8, as well as a ton of other possibilities. It also allows for direct damage from other sources as well as walls and fogs which are great for additional battlefield control. Also of note is that many of the summons have spell-like abilities... thus having unlimited summons of those creatures effectively gives you unlimited uses of those SLAs... amazingly useful! ;)

GentleButStrong

First Post
This might be nearly ten years too late. But it is possible to use extreme cheesy goodness to be a Warlock 1 / Anima Mage 10 / Ur-priest 2 / Mystic Theurge 7

This character would end up with the invoking of an 18th-level warlock (dark invocations), the spellcasting of a 9th-level ur-priest (9th-level divine spells), and the pact-making of a 10th-level binder (a pair of 6th-level vestiges assuming you take Improved Binding)

6th-level vestiges allows you to pick Zceryll, the Star Spawn. And fun fact, the *free* Summon Monster spell you can cast once every 5 rounds is not keyed off your binder level. The text says "You can summon any creature from the summon monster list that a sorcerer of your level could summon" so spam Summon Monster IX, and that creature gets the pseudonatural template applied to it for free... And so do you.

Also since we complete anima mage entirely we get vestige casting, i.e. the ability to cast a spell as if Still and Silent and as an immediate action! Interrupting any action by any character.

To get in to Anima Mage early you need to use the two feats from flaws to get Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige from Tome of Magic. This gives us the ability to bind a single vestige, which grants only a single power, as a 5th-level binder. That allows us to eliminate the level of binder altogether.

Thus, entry into Warlock 1/Anima Mage is entirely possible, and absurdly, it advances us as if we were taking binder levels even though we have none to begin with.

If retraining or psychic reformation is available, our Warlock 1/Anima Mage 2 can take Improved Binding and safely ditch Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige.

This build drops Hellfire Warlock, which would be great to pick up in epic (especially since you can certainly bind Naberius)

This was posted to Stack Exchange at

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...level-casting-warlock-invocations-and-binding

By the amazingly good KRyan

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/users/4563/kryan

Some alterations were made.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
This might be nearly ten years too late. But it is possible to use extreme cheesy goodness to be a Warlock 1 / Anima Mage 10 / Ur-priest 2 / Mystic Theurge 7
Just out of curiosity, what chain of events lead you to a 9 year old post? Are you an active 3.5 player, you were googling "ur priest", and this thread popped up?

No shade being thrown, but I see necroed posts around here quite frequently and I'm always curious what leads to them.

laeamin

First Post
Just out of curiosity, what chain of events lead you to a 9 year old post? Are you an active 3.5 player, you were googling "ur priest", and this thread popped up?

No shade being thrown, but I see necroed posts around here quite frequently and I'm always curious what leads to them.

For me it was looking into eldritch disciple builds

Rajin_senretsu

Villager
I found this while doing research for an Eldritch disciple build as well, and discovered that it doesn't work, because Eldritch disciple requires you to worship a diety. My DM was willing to do some fudge for alignment requirement(we all think they are kinda dumb). But the worshipping a diety, and trying to get in as a class that steals their power don't quite jive. And I wholy agreed.

Remove ads