• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcs preview

Korgoth

First Post
mach1.9pants said:
Villagers cannot survive in the face of the Tarasque as well ;)

True. But the game world is hardly teeming with Tarasques (well, I assume). It is, however, probably teeming with orcs. So how is anybody alive? And if the answer is "heroes" then we've moved into what is essentially a hero-based ecology.

I suppose the only reasonable presumption is that bloodragers are fairly rare. Here's hoping.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Or one assumes that the commoners band up together and attack enforce against the orc. You figure with numbers playing a much more major role in 4e, I think say 10-20 commoners could take it down.

Boarstorm

First Post
Meh, there are only as many bloodragers in the world as the DM places there. But from a simulationist perspective, let's say the tarasques just love orc vittles and travel the earth rampaging in their search for more bloodrager-ka-bobs.

Korgoth said:
I suppose the only reasonable presumption is that bloodragers are fairly rare. Here's hoping.
True, they are as rare as your DM allows!
Anyway, I guess, that the PoL will have kobolds and goblins close Orcs further away, then further to more dangerous stuff. DnD ecology has always been a can of worms vis a vis disbelief suspension:)

Stalker0

Legend
Korgoth said:
Also, if a bloodrager shows up, how is it that he doesn't simply kill off an entire town by himself? How could commoners ever stop that kind of thing?

Dude, commoners are the scariest thing a bloodrager can face!! Being minions themselves, commoners can't be bloodied, and so the bloodrager doesn't get his power.

Power to the common man!!

hong

WotC's bitch
The bloodrager is actually kinda screwed if it's only fighting commoners. It heals when it hits a bloodied foe, but it's liable to drop any commoner in one hit, so they never become bloodied....

Boarstorm

First Post
Stalker0 said:
Dude, commoners are the scariest thing a bloodrager can face!! Being minions themselves, commoners can't be bloodied, and so the bloodrager doesn't get his power.

Power to the common man!!

The mental image this conjures up is just priceless.

Ktulu

First Post
I'm not entirely sure the no damage from missed attacks isn't just an Orc minion rule. Just like how kobold minions provide a boost to attack when adjacent to other kobolds, and vampire spawn get a boosted damage/attack when adjacent, as well. It meshes with the orcs being somewhat hard to kill.

catsclaw227

First Post
The HP seems pretty high too. 216 HP for an Orc Chieftain, with a surge of 54 HP. Add in an Orc Bloodrager (194HP and 48 Surge) and maybe a few Orc Warrior minions and that's a lot of damage output.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads