Order of the Stick #651

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
One of the things that sucks for V in this fight is the action economy. No matter how powerful he is there is an epic Lich, one or two evil high priests and the Monster in the Darkness against him. As many monsters have found in D&D, even though you are more powerful than any of your opponents, a party working together can out-action you to death :)

Ha Plane Sailing! Good call.

Although I'd say Time Stop is a pretty good neutralizer there.

I once had a godling who was virtually outside of magic. One of my players cast Time Stop while fighting him, and...ended up in a one-on-one battle with him.

I wonder if this could happen with V versus Xykon.

SPoD

First Post
One of the things that sucks for V in this fight is the action economy. No matter how powerful he is there is an epic Lich, one or two evil high priests and the Monster in the Darkness against him. As many monsters have found in D&D, even though you are more powerful than any of your opponents, a party working together can out-action you to death :)

I think you nailed it. What better way for V to learn the importance of working with the team than to be taken down by the enemy's teamwork? Especially given that the teamwork will include divine magic and martial strength.

FourthBear

First Post
I read the new comic, but I can't seem to pull up V's confrontation with the dragon, when it used Anti-Magic Shell. Did Epic V Disjunct it away? Since both Xykon and Red Cloak can presumably cast it, that would be the most obvious method to disable V, if they have either more Anti-Magic Shells at the ready than V has counter-measures. Or the Monster could turn out to have unbeatable SR.

Asmor

First Post
I like how the title of the comic (two eyes in the dark) seems to be referring to the monster, but also refers to the monster's position in the game of Go they're playing.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Anyone else feeling sorry for the cockroach?

We can only hope MitD will listen to O-Chul. But it doesn't look good, does it?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Once again I think Rich has an excellent handle on what it really means to be lawful good: if you look at O-Chul he's everything that Miko was not as a Paladin. I don't think there's much more you could ask for in a portrayal of a genuinely good character.

--Steve

coyote6

Adventurer
I read the new comic, but I can't seem to pull up V's confrontation with the dragon, when it used Anti-Magic Shell. Did Epic V Disjunct it away?

IIRC, the dragon used anti-magic shell during the first confrontation with V, before V got Epic-sized. In the second fight, it never had a chance to. Again, IIRC.

Remove ads