Oriental Adv. Kusari-Gama

Koewn

Explorer
I'm hoping there's a statute of limitations on asking for something out of such an old book.

Anyone have the stats on the Kusari-Gama from Oriental Adventures? It's the ball/sickle spiked-chain sort of thing? (double weapon without reach, single weapon with reach)

I've gotten as far as this off random googles:

Large, Double (without reach), Single (with reach, your choice of ends)

1d6/1d4 slashing/bludgeoning

Don't know crit values, or if it has anything special (tripping, disarming).

Thanks!

Koewn

Ender_rpm

First Post
Crit for bludgeoning end is X2, kama end is 19-20 x2. You can trip or disarm with it, and it can also be used as a grappnel and short rope for climbing. Very cool weapon.

Pazu

First Post
I think that the v3.5 DMG had some stats for the kusari-gama in the variant campaign section, but it was pretty severely nerfed relative to the 3.0 OA version...

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Yah, 3.5 DMG version is, IIRC, 1d6/19-20 x2, one-hand, Reach, and the usual chain weapon bonuses to do stuff.

This means that you can, in fact, dual wield them. Which has a certain appeal, honestly.

Brad

Pazu

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Yah, 3.5 DMG version is, IIRC, 1d6/19-20 x2, one-hand, Reach, and the usual chain weapon bonuses to do stuff.

This means that you can, in fact, dual wield them. Which has a certain appeal, honestly.

True enough, but I miss the ability to bludgeon someone with the weighted end. I prefer the two-handed version, myself.

Remove ads