Oriental Adventures Character Help

Olive

Explorer
Chun-tzu said:
You need 6 levels of monk, 9 levels of Shintao monk PrC, 2 levels of fighter and 2 levels of psychic warrior. You have to be Lawful Good to qualify for Shintao monk. You ultimately need Str 15+, Dex 15+, Wis 17+ and Cha 13+ to get all the feats. This is possible with a 28-point buy, and appropriate level bonuses, if you take an 8 in Int or Con. You also have to be human, for the bonus human feat (and if monk is your favored class, you do not take any XP hits due to multiclassing). You need at least 3 levels of monk to classify for Shintao monk, and the other 3 levels of monk are to get Improved Trip without having the Expertise feat (remember, feats are at a premium with this character).

why do you need the psychic warrior? i don't play with psychic stuff, so i have no idea. do they get bonus feats that fighters can't use?

Chun-tzu

First Post
Olive said:

why do you need the psychic warrior? i don't play with psychic stuff, so i have no idea. do they get bonus feats that fighters can't use?

Like fighters, psychic warriors get two bonus feats in their first two levels. So 2 levels of fighter and 2 levels of psychic warrior will get you 4 bonus feats in 4 levels.

Black Omega

First Post
I have a player doing a vanara Shaman in my OA/Rokugan game, the monkeys are cool and fun to do stuff with.

For a fighter though, I'd really go samurai. Good HD, good saves, ancestral daisho is a cool ability. Depending on AC, heavy armor prof might come in handy later. Besides, there is a strong cool factor in playing a samurai.:)

Remove ads